Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5219 (Fast & Easy)

Reviewed by:Cathy Loves Fabric

About Cathy Loves Fabricstar
Member since: 4/16/04
Posted on:11/5/08 2:34 PM
Last Updated:11/5/08 8:09 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 19 people
Sew4Fun said... (5/26/11 0:49 AM) Reply
I really like your top. It looks lovely on you. Helpful review too, thanks.
sarah121haras said... (7/15/10 3:41 PM) Reply
I love the embellishment you did! Great job!
sewsmiles said... (11/21/08 10:43 AM) Reply
I liked the embellishment you did on this top. The color is also very nice for this top. I think it would look wonderful on you in a rust and also in turquoise! Thanks for the review!
Elaray said... (11/7/08 11:16 AM) Reply
I appreciated being reminded about block fusing. That would have made the neckband easier to manage.
Athene said... (11/6/08 11:26 PM) Reply
A very versatile top - I love the embellisments and your jewellry accessories.
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (11/6/08 11:20 PM) Reply
Thanks for all the encouraging comments. I wasn't sure if the beads looks right. I feel better about them now. You're the greatest!
DebJ said... (11/6/08 4:55 PM) Reply
What a great top. Thanks for the tip about the neckline facing. It will come in handy for many of the patterns that have this type of neckline. Love the matching jewels, I wish I could make such lovely jewelry!
mastdenman said... (11/5/08 10:51 PM) Reply
I really like your top. I was looking at the pattern but didn't like the fashion drawings.
cmarie12 said... (11/5/08 10:44 PM) Reply
Cathy what a cute top!
Luckylibbet said... (11/5/08 9:49 PM) Reply
Very nicely fitting and super attractive top - the color suits you and the bead embellishments are 'just right' - not too much not too little. Love the jewelry you made, it will look super with this ensemble! AND a very helpful review too. THANKS!
JEF said... (11/5/08 9:09 PM) Reply
That is a really nice top. You did such a good job and I really love your embellishment - classy.
AngieC said... (11/5/08 8:51 PM) Reply
Very nice top! And a great detailed review as well. It is so helpful to see plus sized women model their garments so others can see the fit. Thank you!
Steffie said... (11/5/08 8:40 PM) Reply
Cathy, thanks for your review and for the photo of your FBA. I made a similar style type and had a big 'dip' in the front because I did not do an FBA. Your top lays nicely across your chest and drops from your chest without a big dip. The neckline fits you very well, too. Very attractive top!
sewtime said... (11/5/08 8:10 PM) Reply
Love your top embellishments! Cute!!
greenandlilac said... (11/5/08 7:56 PM) Reply
Thank you for the information about the neckband. Seaspur mentioned this was a problem too. This is why I like this website so much.
Sewliz said... (11/5/08 7:54 PM) Reply
Nice looking top! The beads are a wonderful touch. I think the neckband is a success and the shape is good for you. I'm envious, I like this style but it just doesn't work on me.
Vonnevo said... (11/5/08 6:40 PM) Reply
A lovely top with the added embellishments Cathy! Another winner :)
Sherril Miller said... (11/5/08 6:36 PM) Reply
Very pretty Cathy, I don't have this pattern. But when I do get it, (thanks a lot, BTW!) I'll have to remember your trick for block fusing.
Heatherrique said... (11/5/08 6:22 PM) Reply
Very attractive top, Cathy! Very nice use of embellishments!
shesflipped said... (11/5/08 4:44 PM) Reply
Great looking top! I love the embellishment~makes it very 'boutique' looking!
j222b said... (11/5/08 3:45 PM) Reply
Clever top embellishment and great jewelry design. I see many similar style RTW with a contrasting neckband, too. Many possibilities with this pattern as you said.
Amanda S. said... (11/5/08 3:42 PM) Reply
Very nice looking top. I like the embellishments, too. Great job!
EleanorSews said... (11/5/08 2:40 PM) Reply
With your embellishment, this top is a lot like the embellished tops in Coldwater Creek. You look nice in it; I hope you enjoy wearing it.

by: Jonni Ange...