Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 3399 (Evening Dress (wedding dress))

Viewed 2055 times

Last Updated:7/30/09 12:42 PM
JEF said... (8/1/09 11:00 PM) Reply
So beautiful!
Erin D said... (8/1/09 0:33 AM) Reply
Wow, your creativity and dedication to the project are amazing, and so worth it. You look beautiful in the dress!
carolynw said... (7/31/09 9:17 AM) Reply
Ooooh my - you are so lovely in your special weding gown. Congratulations Mrs. Bacon and wish you many, many happy years to come
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (7/31/09 1:26 AM) Reply
You are breathtaking in your wedding gown. I totally enjoyed the journey through your dressmaking experience. The dress is stunning and suits you perfectly.
Raye Ann said... (7/31/09 0:38 AM) Reply
so special! you are really, really lovely in your fabulous, custom gown. congratulations!
Nancy Anne said... (7/30/09 7:28 PM) Reply
Holy cow! What an awesome review! Your dress turned out absolutely perfect, and you were one stunning bride! I learned so much from reading your review- thanks for taking the time to go into so much detail.
lucylal said... (7/30/09 7:02 PM) Reply
Just beautiful!! You are very clever. Great in-depth review!
okie2thdoc said... (7/30/09 6:26 PM) Reply
Wonderful review and lots of detail! You made a beautiful bride in a gorgeous dress. Well done!!!
RLL said... (7/30/09 4:59 PM) Reply
What an incredibly impressive job you did. Your reserch and just the tenacity to press forward to make it perfect. It is beautiful and you are beautiful in it. Congrats on both the dress and your marriage.
SueV said... (7/30/09 4:21 PM) Reply
wonderful! Beautiful! And it was all done on your Rocketeer that was in the background on one of your photos! congratulations Mrs.
smoody said... (7/30/09 3:49 PM) Reply
you did a beautiful job!!! you've inspired me with all of your research and detailing and getting it to what you wanted and then you created it ! Wonderful job and congrats!
kathleencramer said... (7/30/09 3:21 PM) Reply
Stunning! What a great job on the dress. and I looks wonderful on you. I can't get over the detail of the bodice. It is classically beautiful, just like the bride! Nice job!
sewfan said... (7/30/09 3:00 PM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous and an amazing job. I agree, you need to raise your skill level to advanced.
Vintage Joan said... (7/30/09 2:04 PM) Reply
Congratulations on your marriage. And wow, that's a pretty amazing and complex dress. I think if I were you I'd be promoting myself to Advanced after making this! :)
wreninrome said... (7/30/09 1:30 PM) Reply
WOW! This is just amazing. And who doesn't love bacon? :) You and the dress are gorgeous! Congrats. (and love the pockets)
michellep74 said... (7/30/09 1:24 PM) Reply
Amazing dress! You look gorgeous!
maedchen said... (7/30/09 12:54 PM) Reply
what a joy to see! You make a lovely bride and your gown and everything else look fabulous!
Andreahg said... (7/30/09 12:49 PM) Reply
What a beautiful bride! Just stunning!
Knitters Delight said... (7/30/09 12:47 PM) Reply
You look stunning. What a perfect dress for a wonderful bride!
Sallygirl said... (7/30/09 12:29 PM) Reply
Absolutely breathtakingly stunning and simply priceless. What a treasure you have created!
aBeachBreeze said... (7/5/09 11:58 PM) Reply
Wow Shannie! You've really inspired me! I really want to sew my own dress now! I can't wait for you to post wedding day pics. It looks amazing on the dressform, I can't even imagine how great it must look on you!
rozzybabe said... (6/25/09 10:02 PM) Reply
What a stunning, one-of-a-kind dress! The construction process, & the different design features used from several patterns is brilliant! And the GORGEOUS bow-a knock out. Not only are you a fabulous sewer, & very creative, you'll be a smashing bride! Can't wait to see pictures! I'll keep your review & ideas, as bridal dressmaking is a new business I'm starting from home. Congrats all around!
MaryDB said... (6/25/09 9:55 PM) Reply
How absolutely beautiful, and what great construction. Do, please, update us with your wedding pictures. Best wishes to you!
smoody said... (6/25/09 4:45 PM) Reply
i really like the detail and the beautiful accents you put into this dress- you made it your own. Very impressive!!!!!
Christas said... (6/25/09 1:06 PM) Reply
Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes...... I can hear the Sound of Music, except I am sure this dress is much more beautiful than the one Julie Andrews was singing about!
minggiddylooloo said... (6/12/09 3:20 PM) Reply
Wow, what an extensive review. And a beautiful gown too! Best wishes for the upcoming special event!!
Jatman said... (6/12/09 2:00 PM) Reply
You truly have a haute couture gown! Beautiful!
SewLil said... (6/12/09 1:44 PM) Reply
Can't wait to see you in it. I love the flower! Ingenious to curl it with the candle flame. Very nice review too.
ConnieBJ said... (6/11/09 10:28 PM) Reply
Great review and beautiful dress! June 20th is my wedding anniversary too! Must be good karma. You will be gorgeous!
Karen Easter said... (6/11/09 8:40 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress and fantastic documentation of your process! Enjoy your special day!
Judy Wentz said... (6/11/09 8:23 PM) Reply
I can tell that this was truly a labor of love. Beautiful work!! jw
Kimbra said... (4/27/09 4:54 PM) Reply
I can definately believe it is your work. It takes a lot of time and energy to think the process through in your head. With your skill and mastery, your dress will be the most beautiful dress ever worn by a bride!!!!
Annette1 said... (3/18/09 0:58 AM) Reply
You're making great progress! Not only that, you got me started looking at retro reproduction patterns. I saw a couple on the Butterick site that look very similar to your inspiration designs, in case you end up doing more experimenting (although I don't know why you would, as it looks like you've found the perfect design to go with your beautiful petticoat)! It's still fun to look though. :o) YOU may not buy one, but I'LL probably end up getting one, for WHAT I don't know. :o)
Phasionz by M said... (3/17/09 6:21 PM) Reply
I accidentally asked the same question twice! Sorry....
CTBarb said... (3/17/09 5:52 PM) Reply
You might try Mccall's 3440 available on under fifties patterns. It is very similar but with spaghetti straps. The number 3399 comes up with a different pattern on
Phasionz by M said... (3/17/09 5:45 PM) Reply
That is a beautiful dress!!! I'll keep a lookout for the pattern number McCall's 3399?
ElaineSews said... (3/17/09 4:49 PM) Reply
Have you tried I have never used the site, in fact I just discovered it last week and bookmarked it, thinking it's so wonderful someone created such a resource!
bella1902 said... (1/6/09 10:05 AM) Reply
I hope you find it soon. It's gorgeous!
shannie said... (1/3/09 2:20 PM) Reply
No, I still haven't found the pattern. I check eBay everyday and I'm always cruising the vintage pattern websites looking for it. Thanks for the encouragement!
moushka said... (1/3/09 6:20 AM) Reply
The dress is stunning! Have you located the pattern yet? Congratulations on finishing the petticoat. Hope this all comes together for you. Sue
All About Linings