Pattern Reviews> Textile Studio> 1407 (Barcelona Dress)

Reviewed by:mudcat

About mudcatstarstar
USA
Member since: 1/17/02
Posted on:9/14/03 4:32 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
Sew it seams said... (9/15/03 8:47 AM) Reply
Very pretty dress. I love the fabric. Hooray for your determination! I just hate to cut fabric that I love just to end up leaving it for the UFO box. ( I did that this summer and I cringe when I see the remnant in my stash).
mudcat said... (9/14/03 11:50 PM) Reply
Thanks for your support. :) Believe me, I considered wadding several times but I can be stubborn. If it had been a total disaster fit-wise it still would have been acceptable for the Goodwill. I keep meaning to setup my tripod so I can take pictures with the clothes on. The hanger doesn't do much for them and with the digital camera being so tempermental everything needs multiple photos which requires more patience than I can expect from the SO.
SouthernStitch said... (9/14/03 10:48 PM) Reply
LOVE the fabric. I am proud of you for finishing this too! Lately, that is how I am - I'm either going to finish it or wad it!
Sherril Miller said... (9/14/03 10:17 PM) Reply
mudcat, I'm with AnneM. It wouldn't have been finished--ever! You really must show a picture with you wearing the dress.
AnneM said... (9/14/03 7:25 PM) Reply
Let's hear it for determination - I think that would be in my UFO pile. You were right, this style does work well with a large print.
els said... (9/14/03 5:41 PM) Reply
Nice dress and very sunny fabric beautiful colars, sorry to hear you had to redo so much.

Clever Charlotte Kestrel Coat