Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4923 (Men's Costume)

Reviewed by:FreckleHead

About FreckleHeadstar
Member since: 8/4/07
Posted on:11/7/08 4:38 AM
Last Updated:11/9/08 4:08 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Costumes

droxy said... (5/15/09 10:22 AM) Reply
At least I amnot the only woman wearing mes's costumes. On a whole I have to drop one size onshoulders and expand one size for hips. This is wasy with muti-size. But I have to meansrue bedore cutting the pattern. I learned this the hard way on Ollivander's vest, but I made the correction on the jacket. Mens pants are much trickier...I just did that and I had to keep bring the waist down.
FreckleHead said... (11/9/08 4:06 AM) Reply
I believe the breeches are meant to be a little baggy in the seat, just from what I've seen. The vest WAS snug, I want to make it again with some changes. Thanks for your comments, it was fun making the costume. :D Also, next time I make the shirt I will leave off the cuffs altogether, as they seem to get in the way. Seamingly, I really like your son's costume! he looks like he enjoys being a pirate> :D
jeanyus said... (11/8/08 4:47 PM) Reply
Well done, matey! I did this same pattern for my husband- I also found the shirt was huge for his size, but that is how it's supposed to be, I actually left off the cuffs and gathered the sleeves to create cuffs. The pants are wierd, it's like there's room for a diaper, but that's also supposed to be that way, I guess for movement. The vest was kinda snug for my husband, and I didn't bother with buttons on that, just latches.
Seamingly Simple said... (11/8/08 8:33 AM) Reply
I made the breeches for my son: they fit a little weird (see comments here). There's a very attractive lady's pirate costume at Trystan's Closet. She used a skirt and patterned stockings instead of breeches.
Nancy Rhodes said... (11/7/08 8:38 AM) Reply
I couldn't open the picture to see a larger version, but the little one looks fab. Well done!
Trephas2003 said... (11/7/08 8:27 AM) Reply