Pattern Reviews> Folkwear> country frock coat (country frock coat)

Viewed 2078 times

Posted on:11/21/05 7:16 AM
Last Updated:9/16/03 5:03 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people
Barb in Northwoods said... (5/20/07 9:16 PM) Reply
I've been wanting to make this pattern but hesitated to do so, because as noted before, the model dosent show the jacket to best advantage. I tried several times to get your photo to come up, no luck. However, from your discription and coments I will definetly try this jacket. Thanks Much.
Everyday Sewist said... (9/20/03 9:13 PM) Reply
Great coat--it's so helpful to see pictures of these Folkwear garments. I really like the fabric choice too.
Sew it seams said... (9/19/03 8:36 AM) Reply
I agree, your coat is beautiful and I love the linen.
Speech girl said... (9/18/03 8:10 PM) Reply
The coat looks wonderful! I love the style.
KitnRose said... (9/17/03 12:41 PM) Reply
Very nice! Your coat looks so very stylish and inspiring!
SouthernStitch said... (9/17/03 9:26 AM) Reply
Wow, I really like this style - very flattering. Your matching of fabric for this was right on, too!
Skymom said... (9/17/03 8:40 AM) Reply
I've had my eye on this pattern, but really had no idea what it would be like. Yours came out great--I'm inspired to try it, too!
Julia Graham said... (9/16/03 8:23 PM) Reply
Wow, Susan! That's beautiful, and I agree with Mini and Anne that yours gives a much better advertisement for the pattern than Folkwear's -- yours looks like something from a fun, funky little boutique, while theirs looks like a $10 rental from a Halloween costume shop. I've actually been wanting to make this for my husband, and now I want to more than ever...
Mini said... (9/16/03 6:48 PM) Reply
The model in the Folkwear photo is so awkwardly posed that I couldn't tell how the coat was supposed to look. Your picture is much better, and the coat is very stylish too.
jlg said... (9/16/03 5:27 PM) Reply
I like your coat as well. Good job. Thanks for the review.
AnneM said... (9/16/03 5:18 PM) Reply
Very nice. The fabric is very attractive, and goes well with that style. Your version makes it look much more applicable to current styles than the pattern drawing & picture. (side comment: if you keep you typing outside of the bracketed "B"s, which are for bold text, the review is easier to read.)

SewBaby "I Can Do It" Cloth Activity Book Pattern