Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 10-2008-116 (blouse/jacket)

Reviewed by:Kay Y

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 20 people

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

Sweetiebop said... (1/19/09 11:52 AM) Reply
Love your jacket. And very informative review.
Kim12469 said... (1/18/09 8:07 PM) Reply
I just made this with the help of your review...Thanks!
Sew4Fun said... (11/19/08 4:27 AM) Reply
Fab jacket, Kay! FYI, yes that lightning stitch (which is usually used to sew stretch fabrics) is an absolute bear to unpick! :)
CarolynGM said... (11/18/08 7:12 AM) Reply
What a nice, shapely jacket. I love those pleated cuffs. That's a great stitch for the topstitching -- I'm going to check and see if my Bernina has anything like that.
mylittleelephant said... (11/17/08 9:08 PM) Reply
Beautifully excuted as usual, I passed this one in this issue rather quickly but I will add this to my sew list after reading your review.
morzel said... (11/17/08 4:27 PM) Reply
Very nice jacket! Well done.
Sigrid. said... (11/17/08 2:29 PM) Reply
I must look at the October issue again. I completely missed this one and you've shown how wonderful this pattern is. Your work is beautiful as always.
Christy Alex said... (11/17/08 11:01 AM) Reply
very, very, very nice! I thought about making this and now i will after you've done a beautiful job!
Catbird said... (11/17/08 10:30 AM) Reply
This looks great!! I've had my eye on this one too, so thank you for such a helpful review. I love the look of the zipper you found and think the 2-way zip gives it an interesting style.
Kellie R. said... (11/17/08 9:26 AM) Reply
Wow Kay! You make such wonderful garments and this is no exception. I LOVE the fabric you used and the styling of this pattern. The quality of your work is outstanding. Thanks for the great review.
Becky Coleman said... (11/17/08 8:35 AM) Reply
Nice looking jacket/blouse and superb review! Thanks very much.
Fran G said... (11/17/08 7:54 AM) Reply
Beautiful little jacket/blouse, Kay. I love the simplicity of it..thanks for a great review..makes my work easier!
Christina Sonja said... (11/17/08 1:44 AM) Reply
I love how this turned out for you. And that is an interesting zig zag stitch, I wonder if my Pfaff has that too.
Annette1 said... (11/17/08 1:08 AM) Reply
I LOVE this, Kay. Your topstitching is a lovely finishing detail, as are the pleated sleeves and the two-way zipper. :o)
Liana said... (11/17/08 0:07 AM) Reply
Very nice, and your changes only make it better!
Elke said... (11/17/08 0:01 AM) Reply
Looks great and I like the long sleeves!
CynthiaSue said... (11/16/08 10:38 PM) Reply
This looks really professional!
Sherril Miller said... (11/16/08 10:35 PM) Reply
Very stylish and chic. I didn't even notice this pattern before.
Jan B. said... (11/16/08 10:24 PM) Reply
Fantastic as always!!
Vonnevo said... (11/16/08 9:48 PM) Reply
Fabulous !
Lori V said... (11/16/08 9:44 PM) Reply
Very chic.
digs57 said... (11/16/08 9:42 PM) Reply
Hah! I made just this very thing a couple of weeks ago! Brave or foolish, mine's out of a very lightweight wool woven, not knit, and you're so right to say the 3/4 cuff would be too snug as designed: I had to abandon one of the pleats. I do WISH the designers had paid attention to ordinary below the elbow sizing. Other than that, it's a lovely little blouson. You're also correct to say the below the waistline size is a tad too roomy, I had to add a couple of small pleats in the back to control how it looked with the belt. I also replaced the zipper with a flurry of tiny little buttons on mine. It's amazing how different the same design can look with different fabrics. I love your casual look.
solosmocker said... (11/16/08 9:40 PM) Reply
Fits and looks great!
DaisyEsq said... (11/16/08 9:22 PM) Reply
Thank you for a thorough review. The blouse jacket looks great!
avancleve said... (11/16/08 8:53 PM) Reply
Perfect! And the sleeve length would be good for where I live. There is no such thing as a real winter in Arizona. And what a perfect excuse to get a pair of those long leather gloves you always see in the BWOF's.
Izzie said... (11/16/08 8:41 PM) Reply
Your top/jacket turned out great! I like the long sleeves.
Izzie said... (11/16/08 8:40 PM) Reply
Your top/jacket turned out great! I like the long sleeves.
Amanda S. said... (11/16/08 8:04 PM) Reply
It's a very flattering top on you. I have contemplated making this, so am happy to see your review.
cabinbaby said... (11/16/08 7:59 PM) Reply
Oh, I love this! Thanks for doing a review of it. This is one that I liked in the magazine too.
michellep74 said... (11/16/08 7:34 PM) Reply
Very chic looking blouse jacket!

by: Mahogany S...