Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> 1053 (razor sharp pants)

Reviewed by:Nancywin

About Nancywinstarstarstarstar
Member since: 7/25/06
Posted on:11/16/08 7:53 PM
Last Updated:11/17/08 7:51 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
kasizzle said... (11/19/08 6:11 PM) Reply
I agree with the others, they do look good on you!
Christas said... (11/18/08 5:02 PM) Reply
These look just wonderful! Your wardrobe is coming along so nicely. I love each garment so far!
Teri said... (11/18/08 12:08 PM) Reply
The pants look great. Sorry for the frustration though. Thanks for the heads up. I still have not ventured into Hot Patterns. Maybe I won't.
Annette1 said... (11/18/08 11:18 AM) Reply
Very nice pants. I've got this pattern, even have it cut out, but since the cut of the leg is what I liked in the first lpace, I think I'll steer clear of them, since they're not as depicted. Yours look great though!
Nancywin said... (11/18/08 9:42 AM) Reply
I'm so flattered by all of your comments about my sewing skills. Thank you so much! These pants were a pain, but I'm wearing them today. I can see that I could probably take a little more in the darts to make the waist a bit smaller. We'll see how they fare through the day.
Sigrid. said... (11/18/08 2:57 AM) Reply
Definitely looking good on you, but I'll stay away from these patterns. It's your skills that make these perfect pants, not the pattern.
Athene said... (11/17/08 8:47 PM) Reply
These pants look really nice on you. So even though the pattern was not very good, it shows what great results are possible when you have great altering and sewing skills.
sarahb said... (11/17/08 9:24 AM) Reply
Thanks for the warning about the pattern, but they do look very good on you--it's hard to know that sometimes when the final outcome doesn't match your expectations. :-)
Kellie R. said... (11/17/08 9:22 AM) Reply
Thanks for the heads up and the very helpful review! Incidently, I do think they look like a very nice pair of pants, but understand that your expectation was something different. Great info and review.
cindyann said... (11/17/08 8:25 AM) Reply
These pants turned out very nicely. I agree that your skill is what made the difference. I also agree that the silhouette is very different than the pattern envelope. Thanks for the heads up.
CynthiaSue said... (11/16/08 10:36 PM) Reply
I think the side view is quite elegant. Your superior sewing skills is what made these turn out!! Darn those Hot Patterns with their stupid false advertising illustrations!
linda 75142 said... (11/16/08 9:36 PM) Reply
Glad you were able to make them work for you. I'm going to steer clear of this pattern!
Nancy K said... (11/16/08 8:05 PM) Reply
These look great on you, even though you aren't happy with them. I like the faced pant, but not how it is designed, I agree. The instructions are hideous. One thing that I do is to drop the top of the zipper down low enough to have room for a hook above it which I copied from a pair of rtw.

Pamela's Patterns 105 Pattern