Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> 1021 (Riviera Annisette dress & top)

Reviewed by:Twinset

About Twinsetstarstarstarstar
QC Canada
Member since: 9/15/07
Posted on:1/29/09 9:46 PM
Last Updated:1/29/09 9:48 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 21 people
Jea1978 said... (4/20/10 10:00 AM) Reply
Thanks for all the tips. This top looks fabulous on you and I love the coverstitching detail!
Mufffet said... (2/1/09 4:47 PM) Reply
Very very chic. Nice fabric, color and fit.
Mahler said... (2/1/09 10:58 AM) Reply
J'espère que les retardataires ont le droit de commenter aussi ;-)) This top is great, great, great, your modification gave an excellent result. The necklace adds a touch of style that finishes the look wonderfully. Great project again !
Karla Kizer said... (1/31/09 12:55 PM) Reply
Well, darnitall...I wish I'd seen your final product before I placed that HP order this morning. This shirt looks great. Nice work!
Luckylibbet said... (1/31/09 0:33 AM) Reply
Excellent review, shows all the things we need to look out for! Plus it looks super cute on you!
Catbird said... (1/30/09 8:12 PM) Reply
I like the classy casualness of these tops you make and your design changes are always right on the money. Very flattering. Another great job! And I'm in love with that necklace!
CynthiaSue said... (1/30/09 2:49 PM) Reply
excellent review. They are a wicked company with their falsely advertised drawings and their notches that always don't match. I'm sure everyone will be so grateful to you for trying them out and making the modifications for everyone so we can make them! Grey is my favorite color for tees!
crisford said... (1/30/09 12:50 PM) Reply
Very cute top. Thanks for your review and very useful tips for sewing this! I can see the differences in the pattern drawing and the photo. I had the same experience with another Hotpattern. I enjoy reading about all your projects and insights! Your photos are great too.
Nancy K said... (1/30/09 11:09 AM) Reply
I have this pattern, so I am happy to see your very lovely version. It looks great on you!
gatorgirl4325 said... (1/30/09 10:59 AM) Reply
Your top is very stylish!
kellymailinglist said... (1/30/09 8:14 AM) Reply
Fabulous, thorough review! Thanks so much!
KateS said... (1/30/09 7:06 AM) Reply
That the thing about illustrations (as compared to photographs) - they leave a LOT of room for "artistic interpretation", not good for technical information! Still your version looks fantastic, great work (and save!) on what sounds like a difficult pattern.
McFeather said... (1/30/09 4:26 AM) Reply
Your shirt looks better than the Hotpatterns drawing. Super cute!
morzel said... (1/30/09 3:11 AM) Reply
Your top is beautiful! The alterations really worked out great.
Marilyn N. said... (1/30/09 2:34 AM) Reply
Your top looks great & I appreciate all of the information in your review!
Larkin said... (1/30/09 2:06 AM) Reply
Cute, cute, cute! Great review!
Christina Sonja said... (1/30/09 0:40 AM) Reply
Well here's another piece from littlejazzbird that I love! Good tips about the line drawing vs. the actual garment.
Dmd4106 said... (1/30/09 0:26 AM) Reply
Cute top! Thanks for such a detailed review.
Amanda S. said... (1/30/09 0:08 AM) Reply
This top is SO CUTE! I love it with that big chunky necklace. Great job.
cabinbaby said... (1/29/09 11:58 PM) Reply
That is SO CUTE on you.
sewtime said... (1/29/09 11:47 PM) Reply
Very cute!!! Love the style!
Dei said... (1/29/09 11:09 PM) Reply
This is so cute! I have this pattern and have yet to open it, now I will!
Kay Y said... (1/29/09 10:28 PM) Reply
As usual, you have pulled off a perfect-looking stylish garment that has exactly the look HotPatterns was clearly aiming for. However, given the modifications you had to make, they missed the target with this pattern. It's too bad for people who lack your confidence and skill at refining the design.
Karen8320 said... (1/29/09 10:18 PM) Reply
All of your modifications here, Jazzy, have made this into a great looking top. I particularly like your use of the coverstitch machine to add interest. You're looking good!
Lori V said... (1/29/09 10:14 PM) Reply
Cute shirt, thanks for the information on the changes and great fit, too.

BurdaStyle Magazine 09-2012-121