Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7997 (MISSES' TOP)

Reviewed by:cindy-lou

About cindy-loustarstarstar
NC USA
Member since: 7/21/06
Posted on:11/17/08 8:08 PM
Last Updated:11/18/08 6:54 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 13 people

Kellie R. said... (11/20/08 9:34 AM) Reply
OMG - this is GREAT!!!!! I love the B52's too!!!! You really captured the look and looked like you totally rocked the house down!!!
cindyann said... (11/19/08 8:21 AM) Reply
Fantastic! Hahahaha......looks like you had a wonderful time.
kittybishop said... (11/19/08 7:30 AM) Reply
I cannot tell you how much I love this review! And I completely understand the B52s obsession, very inspired recreation of a B52s dress. Love it.
Em's Summer said... (11/19/08 6:55 AM) Reply
What a fun dress! It looks great on you! Hope you didn't forget to bring your 'jukebox money' to the party!
Sew4Fun said... (11/19/08 4:03 AM) Reply
Fab dress and I love the b-i-g hair! Your party must have been a blast.
CSM--Carla said... (11/18/08 9:14 PM) Reply
LOVE THIS!!! What fun!! You look Wonderful Cindy-lou!!! Thanks for sharing. Especially LOVE the boa!! Great review!!! Carla
maggy said... (11/18/08 7:09 PM) Reply
Cindy Lou, what a great pattern review. It was helpful and well written. Your sewing teacher must be proud of you!
Meggie LuLu said... (11/18/08 6:37 PM) Reply
Your dress is FANTASTIC!!! I just LOVE it!!!! Your hair is PERFECT!!! I LOVE the B52's (I LOVE the oldies station)!!!!
Heatherrique said... (11/18/08 6:28 PM) Reply
You look so groovy to the max! Very fun costume and that beehive really looks cool on you! I now hear Rock Lobster playing!
Mahogany Stylist said... (11/18/08 6:03 PM) Reply
What a great looking costume! Great job.
pterion said... (11/18/08 1:34 PM) Reply
Now that looks like a good party. Seriously rockin' dress - all your creative efforts shine. And I love the B-52s too. Tin Roof!
michellep74 said... (11/18/08 1:14 PM) Reply
As a child of the 80's, I LOVE the B-52's and I absolutely love your costume!
Leora said... (11/18/08 12:07 PM) Reply
Can I purple love this one too or is that reserved for last year? Wow! The ultimate 80's party dress, some great creativity goin on here!!
Chris Kelly said... (11/18/08 10:55 AM) Reply
Cindy.....I have to hand it to you....you look awsome, thanks for a great review
Deepika said... (11/18/08 10:48 AM) Reply
What a fun party idea. I am sure you had a blast and your costume is PERFECT!!!! LOVE IT!
JustTrina said... (11/18/08 8:52 AM) Reply
I only wish i could have been there!! i gone to 70/80's parties but most don't go all out in customes and that's what makes it fun!! Looks great, your 2 reviews have made my day! thanks
ryan's mom said... (11/18/08 7:12 AM) Reply
Wow! This party looks like great fun!!! What a creatively cute costume, Cindy :) . You were jammin' to Love Shack in that pic, right ;) ? I have to add, there's something about those off-the-shoulder necklines. I have a very similar KS top pattern and found the elastic measurement to be what??? Made for doll-like shoulders? I have narrow shoulders, small upper chest, broad upper back and average upper arms (so you'd think everything would average out), but the measurement for the top fitting off the shoulder was WAY off. I actually had to add a fabric panel in the back to make the band wider. It's been so long since I made it, but I do think I reviewed it and had to add 1.5-2" on the band to actually go around my upper body.
pipet said... (11/18/08 6:17 AM) Reply
Awesome job!
Danvillegirl said... (11/18/08 5:28 AM) Reply
I want to be at you party next year! Great dress for the event. Very creative!
Ann Smith said... (11/18/08 2:46 AM) Reply
You B-52s rock! Love the dress, especially the boa. Thanks to your daughter to keep you pushing. But how could you do this, your husband's costume AND get ready for a party? I would be zonked before the party started.
Gelbean said... (11/18/08 2:16 AM) Reply
I love it! I love the B-52s. It is such a fun dress. Very creative use of pattern and fabric stash.
Nancywin said... (11/18/08 1:36 AM) Reply
OMG!!! What great fun! You are so creative with this party-wear! AND, "Love Shack" is like my favorite all-time song - it always reminds me of fun summer days. What a blast you guys must have had! The outfits for both you and DH turned out great.
lovenicky said... (11/17/08 8:39 PM) Reply
What a fun dress! You did a great job by adding that boa! It really jazzed it up! Can't wait to see you in the real world version.
Rhonda in Montreal said... (11/17/08 8:17 PM) Reply
cindy-lou... Is that YOU inside?? WOW!! You're a HOOT!!

Other Bronte Knit Top