Online Sewing Class: Create a Jacket Muslin

Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 3664 (OOP) (Women's Shirt, Vest, Pants a)

Reviewed by:PatCSM

About PatCSMstar
Member since: 5/8/07
Posted on:11/20/08 6:23 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
Robin Denning said... (11/22/08 9:07 PM) Reply
Great fit. I love classics like this.
mssewcrazy said... (11/22/08 8:11 AM) Reply
Your blouses are nice. I have a similar shirt pattern but bought this on ebay after inspecting the pants /culottes on your provided picture. The vest and pants plus your nice shirt had me go track it down. I like others had never noticed this pattern. I am glad it is such a nice tnt for you.
Sherril Miller said... (11/21/08 11:09 PM) Reply
That's a great shirt pattern for you. It fits really well. I wouldn't do a back facing unless you plan to topstitch it down. If you don't it will curl up and not look nearly as finished as the method you are already using. If you want, however, you can just serge the back seam closed and then cover it with a bias binding. Then it will look more finished and RTW.
Annette1 said... (11/21/08 1:25 AM) Reply
Wow-wee! I would have never even looked twice at this pattern until I saw your version here. It looks SO nice on you, and that COLOR is BEAUTIFUL! Definitely a TNT for you, this one is. :o)
sewtime said... (11/20/08 6:11 PM) Reply
Cute blouse and love the fabric. Love the other ones also! Nice to have a patterns that we keep going back to!
craftygamma said... (11/20/08 5:20 PM) Reply
I really like all 3 blouses. I hope I can find this pattern somewhere, as I would like to try it. Seems to work well for plus sizes. Dee
moushka said... (11/20/08 4:42 PM) Reply
Finishing the neckline without a facing gives it a more RTW look which your blouse has. I agree with EWP601 that a TNT pattern is money in the bank. Glad you've found a basic that works so well for you.
Sewing Jane said... (11/20/08 1:51 PM) Reply
Love your blouse! I am going to have to see if I have that pattern in my stash. Can't find it at the McCalls website.
Karendee said... (11/20/08 1:26 PM) Reply
Nice blouse.
michellep74 said... (11/20/08 1:07 PM) Reply
Great looking blouse! I love the color!
EleanorSews said... (11/20/08 10:03 AM) Reply
Always good to have a TNT taht you can go it whenever. The fit on your blouse looks great and, pushover that I am for blue, I adore the fabric.

Burda 7149