Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 4059 (Wrap Skirt)

Reviewed by:sailonsilvergirl

Last Updated:6/6/04 7:24 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 7 people

Sweater knit fabrics

KitnRose said... (6/7/04 10:25 AM) Reply
Your skirt looks lovely. Congrats on finding such a great pattern (and using it!). Thanks for the helpful tips you scattered throughout your review.
Hilary said... (6/7/04 8:24 AM) Reply
What a great review! Thats a great idea about snaps instead of ties. Somehow I missed this review the first time, and I like the twill tape ties as well. I have that exact same black embroidered linen in my stash (I think, or almost the same anyway :oP ). All of the skirts you made are very pretty. Thanks for reviewing!
busy91 said... (4/19/04 9:30 AM) Reply
I just made a wrap skirt (different pattern). I love the way yours came out, very classy. I love the fabric pattern too!
VROOM VROOM said... (1/21/04 7:35 AM) Reply
You did an excellent job with the skirt. I don't really like wearing linings in skirts, but the wrap skirt really does benefit from having the lining. this is a wonderful idea!! I love the fabric that you selected, and the skirt looks well sewn.
Barbara J said... (1/20/04 5:18 AM) Reply
When it's made I'll post it but have to finish this tee and then alter skirt pattern as I discussed with Gigi.
sailonsilvergirl said... (1/19/04 1:37 PM) Reply
Barbara, I hope you post your skirt too! I can't wait to see what that fabric will look like made up. It sounds fabulous.
Barbara J said... (1/19/04 4:58 AM) Reply
Love your skirts and photos with ties, I have the pattern and bought great aqua/fuschia weave chambray with pieces of material stitched to the bottom, reads flowers. I'm one project behind and then will make it. Thanks for your recommendation too.
Danvillegirl said... (1/18/04 4:25 PM) Reply
Very nice skirt and like the idea of hiding the ites. Neat that the fabric and pattern are alike
Schnauzer said... (1/18/04 3:42 PM) Reply
I love the safari print.What a lovely job you have made of it.
cindyann said... (1/18/04 12:49 PM) Reply
Debtro, Nice looking skirt. I love the design and the way you put the ties inside. Your skirt looks just like the pattern pic. Thanks for posting the pics.
Kim Winson said... (9/23/03 11:05 PM) Reply
Hey Debtro, I have this pattern because I love wrap skirts too. Can you describe how you did the hidden ties? Thanks!
sailonsilvergirl said... (9/23/03 8:20 PM) Reply
Georgene, I am a slow sewer so I always take way longer than the pattern says it should take. But this is so easy that anyone who knows what they're doing should get the skirt all zipped up and ready to wear in one hour, absolutely. I will get photos posted, just need batteries for the digital camera!
Barbara J said... (9/23/03 5:07 AM) Reply
I have been thinking about a wrap skirt and this pattern solves problems I might have had, thanks for the good review.
Georgene said... (9/22/03 3:33 PM) Reply
So, did it only take one hour? Love to see photos of your skirt, this looks like a good version of a wrap skirt.

Simplicity 1905