Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2885

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 1 people

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

rockontinyrebel said... (12/5/08 1:15 PM) Reply
Thanks for the sweet comments! Persevering, I am working on something helpful for refashioning and will post on my blog about it, so stay tuned in the new year for more info. Mary Nanna, the original men's shirt was an XXL, and I am 5' tall. I kept the entire original hem and it reaches to just above my knee, so it was the right shirt for the right project. I have another dress shirt refashioned from a men's shirt over the summer, and the hem is much shorter than I'm comfortable with. I like to think I learned my lesson with that shirt. ;)
Mary Nanna said... (12/4/08 10:07 PM) Reply
It doesn't look short, but I'm wondering how a man's shirt would be long enough to refashion into a dress. Whatever the case, LOVE it. Very clever!
poplin said... (12/4/08 5:22 PM) Reply
You're tempting me to look through my husband's shirts.
clare said... (12/4/08 4:21 PM) Reply
that looks great! what a good way of reusing an item of clothing!
persevering said... (12/4/08 2:09 PM) Reply
Brilliant and attractive! If possible can you please direct us with more info. (Have lost weight - averaged 6 lbs for 6 years & maintaining - & it would be great to refashion clothes I have.) And this pattern is a classic too!