Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 01-2008-106 (white tuxedo pin-tucked shirt)

Reviewed by:MissCelie

About MissCeliestarstarstarstar
MD United States
Posted on:11/24/08 7:32 AM
Last Updated:11/24/08 7:36 AM
Robin Denning said... (12/15/08 12:22 PM) Reply
nice! This caught my eye because I made this shirt, too and I am wearing it today. I like you idea for the contrasting collar. Yep, white shirts are a bit boring to sew, but get lots of wear. I used a poly/cotton blend and it stays pretty wrinkle-free. Cute!!!
cindy-lou said... (12/3/08 2:06 PM) Reply
OMG. This is a must-have. Yours is spectacular. Yet another thing to cue up on my list... no wonder everyone wants your closet!
Heatherrique said... (11/26/08 8:09 PM) Reply
Beautiful shirt! Superb style and fit on you!
Karen6790 said... (11/25/08 5:00 PM) Reply
Look what you did! This is absolutely gorgeous, and I applaud your patience for all those pintucks. Love the contrast cuffs, too.
LindsayT said... (11/25/08 2:57 PM) Reply
The last time I made a white blouse with this kind of detailing was in college. You inspire me, Cidell. Well done.
Deepika said... (11/25/08 11:39 AM) Reply
Renee you are the Blouse queen. Seriously you have convinced me to try out a white shirt this year! This is so much better than anything I've seen in the stores. The fit is impeccable and so is the sewing. Like I said "Queen"!
Elke said... (11/25/08 9:31 AM) Reply
Very pretty shirt...especially like the tucks & contrast collar band. Fits you perfectly! I need to make one.
carolynw said... (11/25/08 8:45 AM) Reply
Beautiful - everyone should own a white blouse as lovely as this
emo said... (11/25/08 8:29 AM) Reply
I love this. I think I might need to go buy the Jan 2008 issue, which happened before I started subscribing!
maggy said... (11/25/08 7:11 AM) Reply
The shirt you made is beautiful. I love the cuffs, and you did a super job! Maggy
Lori V said... (11/24/08 3:16 PM) Reply
This is so imcredible, great job.
Leora said... (11/24/08 3:14 PM) Reply
Your contrast collar stand is brilliant!
michellep74 said... (11/24/08 1:47 PM) Reply
Such a pretty blouse! I, too, avoid plain white blouses. This one got lost in all of the great blouses in this issue, but I may need to make one of these.
mastdenman said... (11/24/08 1:44 PM) Reply
Great looking shirt.
Markie1 said... (11/24/08 12:21 PM) Reply
Cidell-A brilliant blouse! I made this last year, but I am going to make it again JUST LIKE YOURS with the contrast on the collar stand and cuffs. I have never heard of Shirt Tailor, but am going to look into it. How many people can say they got Egyptian cotton from Egypt? Beautiful.
Luckylibbet said... (11/24/08 12:17 PM) Reply
Totally gorgeous! EVERYONE needs at least one, and yours is so beautiful. Exquisite! Love the contrast details....
persevering said... (11/24/08 11:28 AM) Reply
Beautiful shirt - the style, fit & workmanship is great! White cotton is my favorite - yes it looks dirty unless it is immaculately clean & you need to iron, starch it & it wrinkles - but it is comfortable, lasts & lasts & is timeless. Hope you enjoy wearing it.
janet said... (11/24/08 11:03 AM) Reply
Beautiful shirt--and you look beautiful in it!!
sewtime said... (11/24/08 10:57 AM) Reply
Love your blouse, beautiful job!!
gatorgirl4325 said... (11/24/08 10:56 AM) Reply
You can't beat a great fitting, fabulous feeling white shirt. I love the contrast cuffs and inside collar along with the tucks. Enjoy!
Diane E said... (11/24/08 10:28 AM) Reply
Beautiful shirt. Great work on those tucks! Fit is superb. Love it!
Mary Stiefer said... (11/24/08 10:27 AM) Reply
What a fabulous top. You've done it again.
Catbird said... (11/24/08 10:21 AM) Reply
You're going to turn me into a white shirt fan with this. It's never been my style but you look fantastic in your crisp white blouse. Great work!
GorgeousFabrics said... (11/24/08 10:04 AM) Reply
This is spectacular. Wonderful job!!
Kellie R. said... (11/24/08 9:47 AM) Reply
Just lovely! There is nothing like a beautiful, crisp white shirt and this fits the bill perfectly!
Nancywin said... (11/24/08 9:35 AM) Reply
Looks great. I think Sigrid just made this same shirt as well.
cindyann said... (11/24/08 9:23 AM) Reply
Perfection!
Amanda S. said... (11/24/08 9:21 AM) Reply
I LOVE this blouse! You did a super job with the pleats, with everything.
Allie in Hong Kong said... (11/24/08 9:01 AM) Reply
Great shirt - I really like the contrast details.
Christas said... (11/24/08 8:58 AM) Reply
Your blouse looks awesome! I enjoyed reading your blog and seeing the construction pics. The contrast inside the sleeves and neckband are a very nice touch!
JustTrina said... (11/24/08 8:51 AM) Reply
excellent shirt, looks great on you, fabric is great! just around fabulous! I think this is the right white top you have been needing.
Sigrid. said... (11/24/08 8:23 AM) Reply
Great result, love your version with the contrast collar band.

Jalie 2445