Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7727 (Hats)

Reviewed by:KateS

About KateSstar
AUSTRALIA
Member since: 3/28/06
Posted on:11/24/08 10:30 AM
Last Updated:11/24/08 11:17 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
Sheila457 said... (12/14/08 9:02 PM) Reply
That is a great looking hat. I love to wear hats, especially in the winter, but have not gotten up the nerve yet to try one.
Mary Stiefer said... (11/24/08 8:14 PM) Reply
Really cute
KateS said... (11/24/08 7:55 PM) Reply
Wow- thanks for the info Mary Nanna - I just measured around my head but not over my ears, that may have been the problem :) . I have seen books on hat making in public libraries so I would probably would probably have a look at them as well before having another go.
Mary Nanna said... (11/24/08 2:33 PM) Reply
I have made vogue 4805 - haven't reviewed it here but had similar issues. I had to google hat sizing to find out how to measure my head as they don't tell you that! It's not across the crown, but over the forehead, over the ears and round the base of the back of the head.. also got annoyed with all the different seam allowances..plus the fact it is sewn at 1.3 cms anyway which was in very small print in the general instructions! So totally hear you! Your hat looks very cute though.. great job!
sewtime said... (11/24/08 10:48 AM) Reply
Just darling!
queensh said... (11/24/08 10:47 AM) Reply
How cute! I think it turned out nice despite the issues you encountered with it.

Sewing Workshop Mimosa Top & Pants Pattern