Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2938 (Misses top)

Reviewed by:Vonnevo

About Vonnevostarstarstarstar
Australia
Member since: 10/25/04
Posted on:11/26/08 8:07 AM
Last Updated:11/26/08 9:10 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 27 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops    Coat/Jacket    Pants    Plus
Mahogany Stylist said... (12/3/08 4:38 PM) Reply
Great looking tops and I love the added tie. Hmmm.., I'll try it. Thanks, Cennetta
Erica B. said... (11/29/08 6:02 PM) Reply
Cute top! I love the fabric!
blue mooney said... (11/28/08 9:36 AM) Reply
That tie was such a great idea! You made this fit you so sleekly. Very nice top.
carolynw said... (11/27/08 4:00 PM) Reply
Beautiful top - gorgeous fabric and your usual top notch work equals one lovely top!!
Mahler said... (11/27/08 10:29 AM) Reply
The ties are a good addition. Beautiful top on you. The fabric is lively and so summury. It is fun to think about summer in the north hemisphere when snow is falling on the city. Superb !
Markie1 said... (11/27/08 0:30 AM) Reply
As usual, your work is perfection. I love the fabric, the pleats, the tie in front--I also like how the movie poster picks up the colors in your top. How very thoughtful of them!
Annette1 said... (11/27/08 0:16 AM) Reply
Well, Miss Molly is looking lovely in her new blouse, but not nearly so lovely as you are! BOTH of these blouses have turned out wonderfully. Great idea to add the ties, too. :o)
Schnauzer said... (11/26/08 11:13 PM) Reply
Gorgeous top, Vonne. I love the fabric you have chosen for this style. Very,very nice!
kathleencramer said... (11/26/08 10:05 PM) Reply
Fabric is fabulous! The ties make this blouse. That was a fantastic change on your part. I can see that it would have been a very loose blouse without them. It looks stunning on you. Great job!
hongkongshopper said... (11/26/08 9:45 PM) Reply
Great top Vonne!
Dei said... (11/26/08 8:47 PM) Reply
Love the fabric you chose and the style. Great top! Hope the movie was good.
Natasha B said... (11/26/08 7:50 PM) Reply
This top worked out beautifully for you, it looks especially pretty in the satin. I have looked at this pattern so many times in the catalogue, but forget it until I see it made up. You fitting advice and ties may get me to finally buy it! You look great in the publicity shot!!!
brrmm said... (11/26/08 7:39 PM) Reply
Beautiful top, both of them! If only Hugh could've seen you hey????
QuiltSewSewSue said... (11/26/08 5:56 PM) Reply
Lovely top and great review.
Sew4Fun said... (11/26/08 5:38 PM) Reply
Great top! I have this pattern near the top of my to-do list so your review is timely. (We seem to like the same patterns.) Thanks for the tip about leaving the zipper out. I wondered about that.
Darla in PA said... (11/26/08 4:02 PM) Reply
Both tops turned out wonderful! I like the addition of the tie.
Heatherrique said... (11/26/08 3:58 PM) Reply
You are ready to step out on the red carpet with this stunning top!
LindsayT said... (11/26/08 1:02 PM) Reply
Very clever photographing yourself next to a poster of a movie many of us are dying to see! And that blouse is fabulous.
frame said... (11/26/08 11:31 AM) Reply
Your top is lovely. Thanks for the tip about the zipper not being needed. I can't wait to see the movie!
Christas said... (11/26/08 11:27 AM) Reply
Oh! Such a pretty top! I love it!
Sue Anfang said... (11/26/08 11:05 AM) Reply
Gorgeous. I plan to make it out of Duppioni, do you think that would work?
Sherril Miller said... (11/26/08 10:57 AM) Reply
I love the one with the tie in front. It gives it a real updated look. The satin fabric is fabulous.
Meggie LuLu said... (11/26/08 10:36 AM) Reply
This top is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I LOVE the fabric you chose!!!! You always make such PRETTY garments!!!
KarmenG said... (11/26/08 10:35 AM) Reply
Love your blouse! I also have this pattern and I appreciate your tips. BTW your stash is lovely - so organized!!
Deepika said... (11/26/08 10:28 AM) Reply
This pattern jumped at me when it came out but it not until I read your review that I am inspired to make it! I love the addition of ties. I might have to steal that idea. Thanks so much.
mastdenman said... (11/26/08 10:02 AM) Reply
I love your blouse. The ties give it a nice shape.
KateS said... (11/26/08 9:25 AM) Reply

Amanda S. said... (11/26/08 9:24 AM) Reply
This top is super cute. The fabric you chose totally makes it. Great job!
Re Becca said... (11/26/08 9:22 AM) Reply
This is so cute! I love the red print, and the tie just makes it.
cmarie12 said... (11/26/08 9:10 AM) Reply
I love the fabric you choose for this top...it really sings because of it! Nice job!
KateS said... (11/26/08 8:40 AM) Reply
Yep can see them now- am glad as this is a lovely top! Adding the ties has given it a real "wow" factor. Beautiful work and fantastic choice of fabric- a definate inspiration!
Vonnevo said... (11/26/08 8:33 AM) Reply
* KateS - my apologies ... a little hiccup at my end. They should be all OK now.
KateS said... (11/26/08 8:28 AM) Reply
Having trouble viewing your photos.

Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS