Online Sewing Class: Restyling with Exposed Zippers

• Pressing Leather
    • Sewing Darts
    • Inserting Zipper
    • Finishing
  9. Bonus: A 29 page PDF document showing step by step photos of all the different types of darts and seams. ">Leather 101 Online Sewing Class

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7743 (MISSES'/MISSES' PETITE TOP)

Reviewed by:CShelley

Last Updated:11/28/08 6:07 PM
Pattern Size:Petite

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 16 people
HLT said... (12/1/08 12:17 PM) Reply
Fab colors on you! Maybe you could add a back tie to help with the fitting. The is a must wear!
gatorgirl4325 said... (12/1/08 11:54 AM) Reply
I love your top - the colors are fabulous on you! What a way to use that fabric that is 25 years old .... it is just wonderful. Don't give up on this pattern, it's a great fit for you and your current top is much better than anything you could find in RTW.
Mary Stiefer said... (11/30/08 12:58 PM) Reply
I think this looks wonderful on you. Well done. The color is perfect.
Sigrid. said... (11/29/08 3:14 PM) Reply
Though all the trouble you had, this is to me a very wearable muslin. Looks very good on you.
Kellie R. said... (11/29/08 12:57 PM) Reply
This is so pretty - and I agree with the others that you cannot tell that you had issues with it. Great job.
Nancy Anne said... (11/28/08 7:32 PM) Reply
For a shirt that gave you so much trouble it really is cute, but I see what you mean about the left side flopping over. Can you just fold the other side down and make it look intentional?
quathy said... (11/28/08 7:03 PM) Reply
Really nice top! if you haven't read Fit For Real People, it offers a lot of help for fitting the patterns as you sew. I have to alter almost every part of a pattern to get it to fit the way I like - the patterns might fit with just a few alterations, but I am very picky about the way clothing feels as i wear it. I love what you said about remembering where and when you purchase fabric. I can even forget my own birthday, but I can read every one of my fabrics like a time capsule :)
TC Sew What said... (11/28/08 6:35 PM) Reply
Try taking a tuck thru the upper bodice. This will raise the bottom of the armhole up higher and can eliminate a gaping neckline in front. I am petite and I do this on most everything now. I have also had problems with a huge back neckline and done the same add a seam to fix it. Do the pattern companies think we are really that big in the back? Despite your problems it looks great. The 2nd one will fit perfect.
Peacock Chic said... (11/28/08 6:19 PM) Reply
wow that came out great!! love it
sewtime said... (11/28/08 5:14 PM) Reply
Very pretty top! Looks beautiful on you!
Christas said... (11/28/08 4:22 PM) Reply
Oh sooo cute! Love it! The fabrics look beautiful together. I would never know the pattern gave you any trouble, it looks so nice!
Luckylibbet said... (11/28/08 1:13 PM) Reply
Those colors are fabulous on you, and the trim is PERFECT with it. The fit looks OK to me, although I do see what you mean about the armhole being too low, and the shoulders a bit wide. I generally start with an 8 (or even a 6, if available) for those reasons, and move out to a 12 at bust and below. Keep at it - you're more than halfway there, and the style is good on you.
leapyfrog said... (11/28/08 12:33 PM) Reply
You look terrific in this! Great job!
Timmithea said... (11/28/08 10:23 AM) Reply
I love this picture-it is so fallish! We haven't had much of a fall here in CA. Too hot. I think the fabric looks great on you and the top is fun.
kimmielovesparis said... (11/27/08 10:33 PM) Reply
Beautiful! I think your version is much better than the pattern photos. You look marvelous! Great job.
Sew4Fun said... (11/27/08 10:25 PM) Reply
Fab top! I love the style and colour on you. I even like how the neckline flips open. :)
Vintage Joan said... (11/27/08 8:58 PM) Reply
This is beautiful! Very flattering, and I love your fabric.
Lori V said... (11/27/08 8:51 PM) Reply
Nice top, the color is fantastic on you.
ladybirdlove said... (11/27/08 8:37 PM) Reply
Very nice, I love the colors on you. You can't tell from the pic that it gave you so much trouble :)
beginagain said... (11/27/08 8:29 PM) Reply
Nice top. I love those colors. I made this some years ago in microsuede and the neckline fell open on both sides. I liked that look better. Finally decided that the bell sleeves were too much trouble to wear and gave it away.

Tessuti Fave top