Pattern Reviews> Cutting Line Designs> 81508 (Ebb & Flow)

Reviewed by:Terri K

Last Updated:1/6/11 10:06 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 26 people

Cultured Purl said... (5/5/12 3:26 PM) Reply
Am checking out CL patterns today as I wanted to order this pattern but cannot see you link,, though the small picture looks very cute!
pfafffanatic said... (6/3/11 6:45 PM) Reply
I love this pattern too. I am inspired to get it out and use it again. I did it in turquoise linen and I was amazed how good it looked in spite of my large bust.
no7262 said... (1/6/11 10:00 PM) Reply
I really like this one too! Nora :)
Dee2 said... (1/6/11 9:29 PM) Reply
The dress is really pretty--I don't think I would have thought to lengthen the tunic. Beautiful fabric choices too.
FreyaStark said... (1/6/11 4:17 PM) Reply
Bohemian chic is the term that comes to mind for me. They're smart yet relaxed, and really distinctive.
Kayseri said... (1/6/11 2:02 PM) Reply
What an elegant dress this makes
Lori V said... (1/6/11 12:29 PM) Reply
Beautiful garments
DorothyK said... (1/6/11 10:54 AM) Reply
Very nice. I love the detail. You have gotten a lot of mileage out of this pattern.
Barbara V said... (1/6/11 10:32 AM) Reply
Your Louise Cutting tops and dress are really nice and fit you perfectly. I love the color and fabric of your dress here. I agree that you have a tried and true pattern.
OP Gal said... (2/11/10 1:46 PM) Reply
I just bought this pattern and ran across your review as I was looking for input on how good this pattern is. All of your versions of this top are lovely and well executed. Your thorough review has helped me and I'll be printing it out to refer to as I sew.
splyn said... (7/12/09 1:07 AM) Reply
I love this blouse, and your fabric choices.
cecelia said... (12/31/08 3:43 PM) Reply
I just bought this pattern, so thanks for this review. Your blouses are lovely. I'm fast becoming a "Cutting" fan.
moushka said... (12/1/08 10:11 PM) Reply
Gorgeous blouses, beautifully sewn. You really do justice to Louise's designs and techniques. Great review, thank you.
Karine said... (11/30/08 11:58 AM) Reply
I have this pattern and seeing your finished blouses is inspiration! Both of your blouses are lovely and very professionally completed. I love Louise Cutting's patterns, too. They always feel like an adventure to me.
Terri K said... (11/29/08 6:23 PM) Reply
Thank you all for such nice comments. I am making another one in some wool challis. Check my blog out for the work in progress. Christa, you should check out Louise Cutting's patterns. You really get what you pay for in terms of the illustrations and instructions for industry techniques. Louise collaborates with Linda Lee of the Sewing Workshop on "Shapes", another independent pattern line. I have enjoyed sewing garments from all three lines.
fryman said... (11/28/08 7:36 PM) Reply
WOW, such nice sewing and your fabric choices are wonderful! My oldest son lives in Asheville and I have been to "W" fabric shop. High quality and unusual selections of independedt pattern companies. You look great!
sewtime said... (11/28/08 5:16 PM) Reply
Cute tops!!
Christas said... (11/28/08 4:31 PM) Reply
I have never heard of this pattern company. The blouses look so nice! Very pretty fabrics.
Miriam said... (11/28/08 1:36 PM) Reply
It looks like a handy wardrobe staple - actually both styles will be. I like your fabric choices with this pattern.
Luckylibbet said... (11/28/08 1:03 PM) Reply
Oh, just gorgeous fabrics! And made up in a very interesting style. Looking forward to pics on you. Good work.
Izzie said... (11/28/08 11:20 AM) Reply
Beautiful tunics! I love the white jacquard.
j222b said... (11/27/08 11:55 PM) Reply