Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5244 (Muse)

Reviewed by:im2melo4u

About im2melo4ustar
NC USA
Member since: 9/30/07
Sewing skills:Advanced Beginner
Posted on:11/29/08 3:09 PM
Last Updated:11/29/08 3:13 PM

michellep74 said... (11/30/08 11:54 AM) Reply
I loved the collar on this pattern, too. It's always a bummer when you put so much time into something and end up not liking it. Thanks for such an informative review/warning about this pattern!
Ellenatlga said... (11/30/08 10:08 AM) Reply
I'm scratching my head over this pattern also: hmmmm...if I use lighter weight fabric to cut down on bulk in the collar, will it be too flimsy as a dress? I had almost cut this out and then got "analysis paralysis" and put it away. You've inspired me to revisit this one though. It's a cute dress and yours is really nice.
whirrclunk said... (11/30/08 9:00 AM) Reply
The dress looks good in the picture! I've just made it too, also had problems with the bulk in the collar. Yours looks far better than mine!!
CynthiaSue said... (11/30/08 2:06 AM) Reply
but it looks so cute from what i can tell! so sorry you don't like it. i've been eyeing this pattern and i appreciate your review!
bananaoil said... (11/29/08 11:33 PM) Reply
I think the style is good, the neckline is attractive on you but the fabric might not have enough drape. The back of the collar I can't explain, wrong size?
Heatherrique said... (11/29/08 9:56 PM) Reply
Actually, this top looks really nice on you! It has that designer/cutting edge look to it! Keep it!
sewtime said... (11/29/08 5:16 PM) Reply
Sorry you didn't like the end result, it looks cute from the pictures!
denisedh said... (11/29/08 4:37 PM) Reply
I am also working on this same pattern finding it to be a pill! I also wanted to make it for the same reasons - cute collar and seemingly flattering style! Thanks so much for this review - I will not stress too much more as I finish it!

Sew Chic Valentine Slip Pattern (ln1207)

Sew Chic Valentine Slip Pattern (ln1207)

Paradiso Designs Okashi Courier Bag Pattern