Pattern Reviews> Self Drafted Pattern> Retro cardigan (Retro cardigan)

Reviewed by:Johanna Lu

About Johanna Lustarstar
Member since: 11/3/03
Posted on:12/2/08 5:28 AM
Pattern Size:Petite
Mary Stiefer said... (12/4/08 10:05 AM) Reply
This is stunning. Well done and beautiful.
solosmocker said... (12/2/08 8:10 PM) Reply
Very attractive top.
sewtime said... (12/2/08 7:00 PM) Reply
Love you cardigan! Very elegant.
Nancy K said... (12/2/08 5:15 PM) Reply
Great looking cardigan. I am making one right now from my tnt t shirt. Love your new haircut, tres chic!
loohoo44 said... (12/2/08 1:38 PM) Reply
this is so adorable!!! Lovely!!!
michellep74 said... (12/2/08 1:34 PM) Reply
Johanna Lu said... (12/2/08 12:58 PM) Reply
Thank you all for the nice comments! And Luckylibbet, the instructions for the knit top draft is from a pattern making class I took last year. So no book I am afraid. But the end result is similar to Burda's knit top patterns, such as 7941 but with a slightly lower sleeve cap. I tried the draft for close fitting knit tops in Winifred Aldrich book, but that didn't come out very well at all, at least not on me.
kellyt said... (12/2/08 12:02 PM) Reply
I think your cardagin came out great!! I am going to try that with my TNT top pattern. The appliqués make the sweater! Thanks for sharing your creativity!
Luckylibbet said... (12/2/08 11:51 AM) Reply
So pretty! And thanks for showing how you used the twill tape, I've seen lots of cardigans with that detail. What source did you use to draft your fitted knit block? You're such an inspiration to me!
nglalala said... (12/2/08 10:27 AM) Reply
That's so cute~! Thanks for the tips as well!
Michelle L said... (12/2/08 10:23 AM) Reply
Very pretty! I really love the embellishment. The wool jersey is so classy, too. Great job. It looks wonderful on you.
mastdenman said... (12/2/08 10:22 AM) Reply
Great looking sweaters. I've looked at sweater sets and they are always super expensive. You are inspiring me to try this.
nancy2001 said... (12/2/08 8:50 AM) Reply
I love your cardigan. It fits you perfectly, and the appliques are very eye catching.
Kay Y said... (12/2/08 8:24 AM) Reply
Wow that is a really nice cardigan - you have achieved the perfect vintage fit too. I also love your new haircut.
squirrellypoo said... (12/2/08 8:13 AM) Reply
Very nice! I love the colour, the embellishments, everything! And your new haircut really suits you, too. :)
Lori V said... (12/2/08 7:05 AM) Reply
This is such a pretty cardigan. The embellishment is perfect. Great job.
mylittleelephant said... (12/2/08 7:02 AM) Reply
This is great, and very timely since I was thinking of what to do with my old tops and sweaters. Thank you so much for the review.
shesflipped said... (12/2/08 6:37 AM) Reply
You've created such a beautiful, elegant cardigan! The embellishment is lovely~it really does look vintage. I also enjoyed your review and found your steps in making a cardigan very helpful. Thank you for sharing your instructions, and your beautiful work of art!

All About Linings
All About Linings

Center for Pattern Design CB Bolero

by: JillyBe

Victoria Jones Collection Misses' Long & Short Caftans

Victoria Jones Collection Misses' Long & Short Caftans

Sew Chic Spin Skirt Pattern (ln1209)

Sew Chic Spin Skirt Pattern (ln1209)