Pattern Reviews> Ottobre Woman Magazine> 02-2008-13 (Wide-Leg Linen Pants)

Reviewed by:Meggie LuLu

About Meggie LuLustarstarstarstar
OK United States
Member since: 1/26/08
Posted on:12/3/08 0:21 AM
Last Updated:1/19/09 7:57 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 17 people
Sew4Fun said... (1/17/10 5:51 AM) Reply
I can see why you love these. I want the light grey pair. :) You did a fantastic job on the topstitching and fly front!
TheSewingGirl said... (1/31/09 4:17 AM) Reply
You made these??? Holy Moly here I am just cruising the site since I can't sleep and I come across your work. You're going to be on Project Runway someday aren't you. I'm glad I "found" you....you inspire me!
bkool said... (1/24/09 8:18 PM) Reply
Great job on the top-stitching!!!!!They look like they were made by a professional.
Catbird said... (1/20/09 2:36 PM) Reply
So classic and stylish! These look amazing on you and I'm so impressed that these are your first pants. Awesome topstitching!
MelissaB in WA said... (1/20/09 1:21 PM) Reply
Awesome pants - you are rockin' that sewing machine girl!!!! Keep up the great work and send some of that energy to me (pretty please!).
21wale said... (1/20/09 10:11 AM) Reply
Great job on the pockets. These look so much better on you than in the magazine that I'm inspired to make them for myself.
gatorgirl4325 said... (1/19/09 9:54 PM) Reply
Oh, my goodness!! Your second pair is beyond fabulous! The topstitching, the rivets - you are so GOOD!!
Elona said... (1/19/09 9:39 PM) Reply
These pants are a triumph, I think! The Big Four pattern companies could take a lesson from your review.
Meggie LuLu said... (1/19/09 9:34 PM) Reply
LoriV, my mom bought the rivets at JoAnn's. Thanks everyone for the very nice comments!!
Lori V said... (1/19/09 9:25 PM) Reply
Wow, great job on the new jeans. I like the topstitching and the rivets. Where did you buy those?
Heidi Ho said... (1/19/09 8:49 PM) Reply
Both of those pants look great on you (but of course everything does!!). I LOVE the details on the denim pair! Very nice!
Annette1 said... (1/19/09 8:36 PM) Reply
You know, I thought the first pair was SOOOOOOOOO nice, but these JEANS are just THE BEST!!!!!!! Those little brads you added just MAKE them, and all of your TOPSTITCHING (can we all say "SWOOPS") is PERFECT! I wish I could run right in there and start on MY next pair of pants! GREAT job!
gatorgirl4325 said... (1/9/09 2:16 PM) Reply
You did a fantastic job on these pants! They fit you well and you look great in them!
morzel said... (12/31/08 5:53 AM) Reply
These pants suit and fit you sooooo well - you should sew up lots of them. Well done!
BeckyMc said... (12/9/08 0:56 AM) Reply
Congratulations on your pants! You inspire me to try the Ottobre Woman magazine patterns.
nicegirl said... (12/4/08 2:31 PM) Reply
Man, now I really feel ashamed that I haven't put in a fly front zipper (tried and failed twice). Very cute pants!
donna mel said... (12/4/08 7:00 AM) Reply
thanks for all the views. you've done a really good job. love the top stitching.
Danvillegirl said... (12/4/08 5:18 AM) Reply
I can feel your excitement! So glad you were so successful with the pants and the fly zipper. Great job. Your wardrobe entry is truly shaping up! The pants do fit you very well!
BeckyW said... (12/3/08 9:10 PM) Reply
Very nice job. I really like your topstitch details.
Winifred said... (12/3/08 6:40 PM) Reply
Top marks and 10 gold stars for your first pair of pants. You're on a roll now !!
Teri said... (12/3/08 11:17 AM) Reply
What a great pair of pants! Bravo!!!
Amanda S. said... (12/3/08 9:10 AM) Reply
Great job! These look really nice on you.
carolynw said... (12/3/08 8:31 AM) Reply
Wonderful fit - they look better than any RTW!!
persevering said... (12/3/08 8:27 AM) Reply
Wow! What an amazing fit and your stitching is great!
persevering said... (12/3/08 8:27 AM) Reply
Wow! What an amazing fit and your stitching is great!
nellc said... (12/3/08 7:59 AM) Reply
Great trousers, they fit so nicely, and I like all the topstitchong detail you added.
KateS said... (12/3/08 7:44 AM) Reply
Lovely!! Very "casually elegant" (if that makes sense)- well done !!!
Flying Seamstress said... (12/3/08 7:31 AM) Reply
Fantastic, Meggie! Love the details and extra topstitching you did. As usual, you've done an outstanding job!
Lori V said... (12/3/08 7:11 AM) Reply
Great job, Meggie, your zipper is perfect. Such a cute outfit. These pants would be wonderful in a lightweight denim, too.
fourkid said... (12/3/08 5:16 AM) Reply
Super job - they look very nice.
Natasha B said... (12/3/08 1:50 AM) Reply
Your pants look great and very grown up!
Vonnevo said... (12/3/08 1:24 AM) Reply
Fantastic !!!!!!
Annette1 said... (12/3/08 0:38 AM) Reply
THERE'S JUST ONE WORD FOR THESE PANTS: P-E-R-F-E-C-T!!! You look AWESOME in your new pants, and the BEST part is, NO MORE FEAR OF MAKING PANTS!! You have a WHOLE NEW WORLD open to you now. :o)) BRAVO!

Understanding Wool Fabrics