Pattern Reviews> Self Drafted Pattern> 125011-1000 (Equestrian Foxhunt Vest)

Reviewed by:MaryDB

About MaryDBstar
Member since: 2/9/08
Posted on:12/3/08 1:29 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
SavageCoco said... (3/21/12 3:56 PM) Reply
Oh aren't you the clever girl! Well done!
clothwear said... (1/28/09 6:32 PM) Reply
looks gorgeous!
SewClare said... (1/26/09 9:08 AM) Reply
From the photo, it seems to me you're far too critical of your own work. It looks beautiful, and your daughter is very lucky to have such a talented and determined mother. My grandmother used to draft patterns for my mother and her sisters after going to high end dept. stores and seeing them! Such a talent.
Elle D said... (12/16/08 6:00 PM) Reply
Wow, this is beyond gorgeous. Makes me want to take up hunting. Riding clothes are so beautifully tailored, this would be nice for work also. Did you blog this? I'd like to find out more about how you combined the patterns. I've got the Suitability vest, but not the others. Will have to look into them.
nancy2001 said... (12/5/08 6:43 PM) Reply
I think the vest looks terrific. Your daughter will be the belle of the hunt.
Meggie LuLu said... (12/4/08 8:40 PM) Reply
WOW!!! Your vest looks AWESOME!! It is SOOOOO BEAUTIFUL!!!
Beek said... (12/4/08 4:27 PM) Reply
This is gorgeous. Your daughter will look smashing while riding her horse!
Bernadette W said... (12/4/08 10:33 AM) Reply
Your vest is amazing, just impeccable. You are way beyond your self-reported sewing level of Intermediate!!!! Same goes for your critique of this wonderful vest!
ChristineBR said... (12/4/08 9:37 AM) Reply
Everything said previously and then some.
bananaoil said... (12/3/08 11:17 PM) Reply
Can't wait to see the frock coat! The vest looks good to me and I bet it will look good on your daughter when she's riding around on a horse!
piffle said... (12/3/08 1:27 PM) Reply
I know how it is to fuss and fuss with a pattern and still not have it turn out quite the way you wanted, but I have to say that this is very fetching. I'm sure your DD will be proud to wear it.
Teri said... (12/3/08 11:23 AM) Reply
This is such an eye catching vest. I love the color and your tailoring looks great in the picture. I hope you are not being to hard on yourself. I know how expensive equestrian apparel is, I bet you saved a fortune!
CynthiaSue said... (12/3/08 10:28 AM) Reply
Welcome!! and this is amazing and probably so much better sewn than the catalog one!! look forward to seeing more of your stuff!!
marec said... (12/3/08 9:19 AM) Reply
Perfectly correct :-). Your DD will be wearing correct attire and knowing that her mom loves her! So nice!
LindsayT said... (12/3/08 9:17 AM) Reply
I agree with Squirrellypoo, I think you are being hard on yourself. This vest is splendid!
Peacock Chic said... (12/3/08 9:07 AM) Reply
wow that is gorgeous!!! Love the color!
Christas said... (12/3/08 8:55 AM) Reply
Beautifully sewn! Very nice!
jewelsfashions said... (12/3/08 8:41 AM) Reply
When I pulled up the gallery page I went right to yours immediately because the garment caught my eyes. Not only is it done beautifully but I love the yellow! I agree with others you are being way to hard on yourself. Job well done!!
Nancy Rhodes said... (12/3/08 8:30 AM) Reply
Bravo Bravo ! Beautiful. Step back and take a look, a little distance (time, energy, space) from an intense project always improves my opinion of the results. Vest looks fabulous! As for Dart Rotation, hustle off to the library and check for Peggy Sager's basic pattern drafting DVD. Thorough! and a very visual style of teaching. If it grabs you then buy it. You might also have quicker success with draping a bodice to get the fit on the DD. Lovely vest... love the color. Lucky Daughter!
Flying Seamstress said... (12/3/08 7:41 AM) Reply
The vest is beautiful and not just because I love canary! I hope your DD gets to wear this.
squirrellypoo said... (12/3/08 6:50 AM) Reply
I think the tailoring here is impeccable - perhaps you're being too hard on yourself? I love the yellow colour, too - I always think of bright red when I think of hunts so she's going to be a standout STAR in canary!
Mary Nanna said... (12/3/08 1:35 AM) Reply
It looks great !!! I hope DD is suitably grateful .. sounds like a lot of work .. the fit on the model looks pretty good to me .. perhaps you've got a case of "I'm so over it 'cause I made it."

by: CaitlinH