Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5432 (Delta Burke Plus Size)

Viewed 2043 times

Last Updated:9/26/03 7:04 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 5 people

els said... (9/29/03 2:56 AM) Reply
Great top with the inspirational reverse facing.I love the colors.
Tini said... (9/28/03 9:41 AM) Reply
I really like the top and your review is really good too!
Gigi Louis said... (9/27/03 2:28 PM) Reply
Sheree - your top is absolutely beautiful. Great combination of fabrics and colors!
Mary in FL said... (9/27/03 9:57 AM) Reply
Flattering to big tummies? Yay, I have another design to copy into PMB. When I finish it, in a couple of years LOL, I will post it here.
Sherril Miller said... (9/26/03 7:40 PM) Reply
What a great idea to put the facing as a contrast on top. Your top is stunning. Thank you for sharing a plus-sized pattern on PR. We need more of us fluffy women to share patterns. I love to see what the size 6 crowd sews up, but I can rarely wear it! This one, I CAN.
KarenP said... (9/26/03 2:49 PM) Reply
I love the design changes you made to the neckline - very inspiring!
Janie Viers said... (9/26/03 11:33 AM) Reply
I have made the top and dress. I made the top and dress from the same challis fabric and used no buttons. I made no alteration to the dress, as there were "ties" in the back to give more fit and the darts saved the garment from a dreadful droopy look. I got compliments everytime I wore it, even 4 years after it was made! The dress is super flattering to big busts and tummies....which I had plenty of when I made it. I have lost some weight, but, due to the cut of the outfit, can still wear it....I get the same number of compliments on my appearance as I did 30 pounds ago (I just inserted shoulder pads to give a lift!). If you find this pattern, buy it. The dress fit me better than anything else at that time and because the skirt hung from the dress and not my tummy, there was no depressing dip in the skirt. I got the look of a skirt and top with the convenience of a dress and the added bonus of a "safetly" net (when I lifted my arms the top revealed only.....more top!) I love your two tone version, will dig out the pattern and try that when I need a special dress for myself!
AnneM said... (9/26/03 8:31 AM) Reply
Very nice. I like the buttons, and love the contrasting neckband. Did you just topstitch the facing in place?
ShereeSews said... (9/26/03 7:05 AM) Reply
Georgene, I have been wearing it with khaki color dress slacks. (just added that to the review)
Georgene said... (9/26/03 0:30 AM) Reply
Love the fabric combo Sheree. What do you pair it up with? Probably looks great with casual denim as well as wearing it more dressy.
Sew it seams said... (9/25/03 10:19 PM) Reply
This is really very pretty. The buttons on the sides are neat also.
mudcat said... (9/25/03 10:12 PM) Reply
What a wonderful looking top. Very eye-catching and much more attractive than the fabrics on the pattern envelope.
Mandolin82 said... (9/25/03 10:00 PM) Reply
The top is beautiful. THanks for the additional comments about rayon. Your beautiful end result, combining wonderful fabric and extra details, was making me feel inadequate until I noticed your degrees. Now you just give me something to aspire to.
jlg said... (9/25/03 9:13 PM) Reply
Very pretty top, Sheree. I really like your fabric choices.
Julia Graham said... (9/25/03 8:27 PM) Reply
Really pretty top!
PatM said... (9/25/03 8:10 PM) Reply
thank you for the review. I purchased the pattern in 2000, as a possible mother of the bride outfit. I hav enever made it up because my sewing teacher said I was too short to wear the shaped hem. After reading your review I am thinkin about this as a more casual top. Thank you for the helpful modifications
Mel.J said... (9/25/03 7:57 PM) Reply
Great combination of fabrics. This is a really striking top.

No Pattern Used 0001