Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6762 (Knit Wardrobe)

Reviewed by:Michelle L

About Michelle Lstarstarstar
Member since: 1/20/08
Posted on:12/6/08 10:49 AM
Last Updated:12/7/08 10:53 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
See other patterns in this category: Easy to Sew    Tops    Pants    Skirts
PaulineN said... (1/21/15 7:53 AM) Reply
Such a great review. Despite the notch issue, this must still be a popular enough pattern, since I purchased it recently in anticipation of spring shirt sewing for my work wardrobe. My question is, has the niece evolved into a sewer because of her stash shopping?
kellieknits said... (8/4/09 12:16 PM) Reply
I absolutely LOVED reading this review. It was funny, funny, funny and very helpful. Thanks!!!
Beek said... (2/15/09 10:33 AM) Reply
THis is a hilarious review! I was checking out what others had said about this pattern because I was thinking about making it up. When I came across your review, I burst out laughing regarding the part about your mom's measurement! HA!
Puddin Pop said... (12/9/08 10:42 AM) Reply
Don't you just love moms? The wrong end of the measuring tape story is hilarious. Sounds like something I would do. The outfits look really cute and you can see that she is pleased.
LindsayT said... (12/8/08 12:47 PM) Reply
Cute niece, cute clothes, fun review. Thanks!
Michelle L said... (12/7/08 12:23 PM) Reply
The neckline actually isn't too bad...I think it looks very wide because the knit is realllllly stretchy and those rubber stops on the hanger are holding the neckline open in the picture. It's ok on her. She is actually a bigger girl, and stuck between a 14 in little girl sizes and Jr. sizes...but, she's only 11, and the Jr. styles...Oy!! A little too adult. This way she gets a taste of that without going too far.
PrairieTides said... (12/7/08 12:11 PM) Reply
Great review and very entertaining! The outfits look great, and the bag is very cute. Is the neckline very wide on your niece? I find necklines are always too wide on Simplicity/McCalls/New Look patterns.
JEF said... (12/7/08 12:03 PM) Reply
Love it- the "prosti-tot" comment is priceless. I have to go with the other commentators - not bad fabric - at least for an 11 year old.
carolynw said... (12/7/08 11:06 AM) Reply
I am still laughing but have to tell ya - I like your niece's choice - bet she's going to look "awesome"
persevering said... (12/6/08 10:37 PM) Reply
Thanks so much - I really appreciate reading how you worked out the irregularities. And the outfit does look nice too.
solosmocker said... (12/6/08 8:59 PM) Reply
I think you have made one niece very happy!
Ody said... (12/6/08 6:54 PM) Reply
Boy, you sew like me!!! I really laughed bc I do that all the time----"What was I thinking when I bought this fabric??" Actually, in the picture the aqua fabric does not look to bad. My kids tend to pick out some gaggy fabric as well sometimes. I have a great use for obnoxious material---I make nest curtains for my hens, and they don't care how couture it is---they just want to squeeze in privacy! Great review and you provided my chuckle for the evening!
sewtime said... (12/6/08 4:38 PM) Reply
Fabulous, it is very cute! You are a very special Aunt!
Karendee said... (12/6/08 2:34 PM) Reply
I also like the fabric and the outfits. Your neice will be adorable.
mastdenman said... (12/6/08 1:20 PM) Reply
Hmmm. I like it. Turquoise is one of my favorite colors. Your niece will look cute.
Jan B. said... (12/6/08 12:41 PM) Reply
Not observing the glitter, the combination of fabrics are very pretty. I love the second version with the contrast sleeves. Please do take some photos with your "lucky niece" wearing them!
cmarie12 said... (12/6/08 12:32 PM) Reply
Actually both outfits are perfect niece fabrics! Great job and I'm sure she will adore them!
Michelle L said... (12/6/08 12:05 PM) Reply
Oh, if you could see the glitter, you would DEFINITELY changee your opinion!! The glitter makes all the difference in the world, and that fabric is covered with it ;) !
MaryL said... (12/6/08 12:01 PM) Reply
I, too, like the fabric but I can't see the glitter in the photo. That might change my opinion. The outfit looks so cute. And tell your niece she made a great looking purse, too.
Christas said... (12/6/08 11:39 AM) Reply
You are such a nice aunt! This may have started out as ugly fabric, but you have changed it into a really cute outfit!
crazygrad said... (12/6/08 11:33 AM) Reply
Prosti-Tot! Love it! Agree on the fabrics but they look great despite!
Dee2 said... (12/6/08 11:19 AM) Reply
Very cute outfit. I too like the fabric--I love the colors.
Teri said... (12/6/08 11:17 AM) Reply
Oh my goodness, your review made me laugh.....I have a grown up friend that routinely brings me the ugliest fabric on earth to make something for her. I feel your pain. I bet your niece will look adorable in this!
marec said... (12/6/08 10:58 AM) Reply
I either need to take a "style class" or put on my glasses...I like that fabric. Your neice will look really cute.

by: Mariposalu...