Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1051 (MISSES' PANTS)

Reviewed by:Emi1yKate

About Emi1yKatestar
Member since: 1/18/03
Posted on:12/12/08 10:32 PM
Last Updated:12/12/08 10:38 PM
Review Rating: Needs More Info by 1 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants
Misafir said... (4/9/10 5:37 AM) Reply
Sorry, but the picture link provided doesn't seem to show these pants. The ones on your flickr set have front slant pockets, which is not this pant at all. It would be nice to see your version.
Emi1yKate said... (12/17/08 4:11 PM) Reply
Hi again Mary Nanna. I have used Sandra's fly method adding a facing (for my other alice + olivia pants), but it's true you do have to sort of work out how to attach this yourself, her video doesn't show when to sew it on, she just mentions 'I guess you can put a facing on too if you want'. I was pleased with the result I got when I devised my own application of the facing, it was pretty simple.
Mary Nanna said... (12/14/08 9:20 PM) Reply
Thanks for your great review..left a wee note to that effect on your blog, but as an after thought, I don't think you would be able to use Sandra's fly front method with facings. Great video though, good to have up your sleeve when a waistband is involved.
mylittleelephant said... (12/14/08 12:48 PM) Reply
Very very flattering on you, the fit on the back is just perfect, I will be definitely trying out this pattern, thanks for the review.
Vintage Joan said... (12/13/08 1:39 PM) Reply
These are fabulous! Great pocket trim. :)
Sigrid. said... (12/13/08 12:10 PM) Reply
Great pair of pants. I recently made this style with a bwof pattern, the style is wonderful. Looks very good on you.
Luckylibbet said... (12/13/08 11:51 AM) Reply
Every reviewer seems to agree that these pants flatter just about everybody. I bought it in the last Vogue sale, and now have moved it up to be the first thing I make in the new year, after I finish my current stuff and the holidays. Thanks so much for such an informative review! And they looks absolutely super on you!
crisford said... (12/13/08 11:16 AM) Reply
Great job! I have made these pants 3 times and love, love, love them! Pants for me used to be so unflattering that they were just something to try to ignore. And I delight in seeing everyone else's raving reviews of this pattern. Hooray! I'm not sure if my review is needed. I plan to upload my photos to my flicker account at The only 2 cents I have to add is that if you want to have the waistband/yoke have a bit of stretch, it needs to be cut on the crossgrain and pattern says otherwise. One other thing is that on the back pockets, it is possible for a tiny bit of lining to peek out, so it's best to choose a lining that matches your fabric.
Emi1yKate said... (12/13/08 4:27 AM) Reply
Hi there Heidi Ho, thanks for your lovely comments! I don't know terribly much about stretch bengaline, only that I have purchased a few ready-to-wear items made from it and liked the fit and feel. I found it in yardage at a shop in Melbourne, Australia called Cleggs and at another of our chain stores over here, called Spotlight. If you google stretch bengaline one of the things that comes up is PR's Debbie Cook's blog- she might be someone to contact for further info!
CypGrl said... (12/13/08 1:43 AM) Reply
What an interesting review. I don't know anything about stretch bengaline -- probably have worn it and not known what it was -- but I certainly want to find out now. The pants look very nice on you.
Sew4Fun said... (12/13/08 0:18 AM) Reply
Nice pants. I'm a long time fan of stretch bengaline. Great fabric.
Heidi Ho said... (12/12/08 11:02 PM) Reply
Great Looking Pants! This is an amazing pattern and it works well for many different figure types. I have made 3 pairs of pants from it and all have turned out great and fit very nicely and I am 5'11". I am curious about the fabric you used, I have never heard of it before. Where did you get it? I am just finishing off a pair in wool gabardine and wish it had a little stretch..they look great since I also sized down as you did. Your pants really look nice, i will be interested to see what variations you make in the future since I have been thinking about doing the same thing.
The Technique of Underlining Garments