Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 08-2008-107 (Flap-pocket jacket)

Reviewed by:Debra H

About Debra Hstarstarstarstar
NC USA
Member since: 7/16/04
Posted on:12/10/08 0:24 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 22 people

elily00 said... (12/2/09 7:11 PM) Reply
this is such a GORGEOUS jacket! I absolutely love the color! Just the color I was looking for in my wardrobe! Beautiful work :)
jhansby said... (12/25/08 6:56 PM) Reply
love it!
sedonamama said... (12/14/08 3:33 PM) Reply
Mama Mia! What a jacket! Thank you for sharing. Your review, as always, is elucidating. Your comments are invaluable!
Dei said... (12/11/08 9:37 PM) Reply
Outstanding work. I love your pocket alterations...it adds an extra touch. The color is so rich and lovely. Well done.
crisford said... (12/11/08 11:09 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket! Good save with the pocket, and it adds an extra little detail.
kathleencramer said... (12/10/08 11:19 PM) Reply
Wow! Your jacket looks better than the jacket used with the model. I am really impressed by the professional look of your finished product. Give yourself a pat on the back. You did a supurb job. What a unique look.
hongkongshopper said... (12/10/08 10:04 PM) Reply
Beautiful - and you do like to choose tricky patterns! Good luck on the button seach :)
OP Gal said... (12/10/08 10:04 PM) Reply
Very stylish jacket--and well executed. Like you, I dislike the method they use for constructing the lapel and collar. I always find it confusing. Good to know I'm not alone. Enjoy your jacket and happy button hunting.
Lisette said... (12/10/08 8:08 PM) Reply
This is a great looking jacket. As always I enjoy your reviews very much, I love all the details you share.
Beek said... (12/10/08 5:24 PM) Reply
Your tailoring is exquisite. I love this color green, it's lively and happy! Great review!
Amanda S. said... (12/10/08 4:38 PM) Reply
Okay... WOW! I LOVE it! This was starred in my magazine, so I am super happy to see your review. I love the color as well. Nice "artistic opportunity" - er, I mean save. I would not have thought of that but will file it away for later.
Luckylibbet said... (12/10/08 12:21 PM) Reply
Another must-read review. As ALWAYS (Thank you so MUCH) it is chock full of excellent advice and all those little tips that make our sewing lives so much easier. And of course, a thoroughly professional garment that has wonderful designer touches - love your 'artistic opportunity'!
Teri said... (12/10/08 11:57 AM) Reply
I really like your jacket, so sophisticated yet fun. Thanks for the wonderful review, I enjoyed reading it.
Re Becca said... (12/10/08 11:45 AM) Reply
Yours looks better than Burda's as always! You make this jacket look refined instead of trendy.
Nancy K said... (12/10/08 11:25 AM) Reply
What is it about your sewing that I immediately know it's yours before I read the name? The perfect sewing, the colors, I don't know, but I always know it's yours and eagerly read your great reviews. This one is no exception. It's a great review of a beautifully done jacket.
Sigrid. said... (12/10/08 10:06 AM) Reply
Beautiful. I considered making this jacket, but was afraid the upper flaps would be to prominent for me. Seeing it on your dressform perhaps I must reconsider. They are a nice design detail. Great review.
Sheila457 said... (12/10/08 9:46 AM) Reply
That is such a beautiful jacket and the color is just gorgeous.
mylittleelephant said... (12/10/08 9:39 AM) Reply
I liked this jacket when I saw this issue and feel more and more curious to make it. As you say you will wear it " collars turned up and unbuttoned", would be great if we could see the photo of you wearing it like that......just really curious. Such a lovely jacket!
VtMartha said... (12/10/08 9:06 AM) Reply
You are such an inspiration to me! I love the styles you pick. Your color choices are wonderful and we have similar fitting issues.
Sewing Chick said... (12/10/08 8:51 AM) Reply
What a terrific jacket! You always amaze me with your skill. I may have to dig this issue out.
emo said... (12/10/08 8:36 AM) Reply
This looks wonderful! I had just started on this, so this review is extremely helpful.
marjenann said... (12/10/08 7:53 AM) Reply
Incredible!! As usual, your garment is breathtaking!! How great that this jacket is seasonless!! Thanks for sharing!!
colourbynumber said... (12/10/08 7:30 AM) Reply
I love the green! Good luck with the button search!
svetlana said... (12/10/08 7:28 AM) Reply
This is beautiful and in one of my favorite colors. The results were definitely worth the effort. The detailing is unique
senaSews said... (12/10/08 6:06 AM) Reply
Beautiful! And the color is awesome!
ricstew said... (12/10/08 1:06 AM) Reply
Wow I like your version! I was looking at that pattern today! We have a mild winter and I think that would be perfect as a work jacket! Project no 3675A :) Good luck in the button hunt!

by: RainyDayPe...