Pattern Reviews> Burda> 2561 (Blouse)

Reviewed by:katharin

About katharinstar
Member since: 7/31/02
Posted on:9/28/03 3:39 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
clear said... (7/13/05 2:20 AM) Reply
thanks, I have seen this made in a geometric print silky fine knit fabric on a 5'8" woman and it looked fantastic, slimming and flattering. sleeves narrow and excell. shoulders. much better than pattern pic.
Marita Kinnula said... (10/8/03 2:29 PM) Reply
I love that combo, great work.
Evatgirl73 said... (9/28/03 11:22 AM) Reply
Very pretty, and I too must comment on how *perfectly* you matched the front pieces, it looks GREAT! Seems like a wonderfully versatile pattern, thanks for the review!
Lisette said... (9/28/03 9:50 AM) Reply
Your blouse is beautiful, together with the pants it's a wonderful outfit
Sew it seams said... (9/28/03 9:44 AM) Reply
Katharin, that is a beautiful blouse! You did an excelent job matching the print, and it looks beautiful with the pants. Great job.
Tiner W said... (9/28/03 8:00 AM) Reply
Great outfit! I have this blouse started...time to finish it!
katharin said... (9/28/03 7:23 AM) Reply
AnneM, the back is shaped with waist darts. Here is a link to the technical drawing.
jlg said... (9/28/03 7:14 AM) Reply
Very pretty blouse, Katherin. I like that fabric, and the print matching is impressive.
AnneM said... (9/28/03 6:56 AM) Reply
Very nice. I thought it was a pull-over w/ a placket also until I saw the pattern picture. I can't access the line drawings for this. Is the back plain or darted?
CarolynGM said... (9/28/03 6:26 AM) Reply
You matched the print in front so well, that I didn't realize the blouse buttoned all the way down the front until I looked at the pattern photo. Then I recognized it as the same blouse I made in the 3/4 sleeve version a few months ago. It is a great pattern, and I also plan to make it again. I also omitted the top loop but kept the shoulder pads. The blouse looks great on you!