Online Sewing Class: Blueprints to Blue Jeans

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 06-2008-105 (Dolman Blouse w/Shoulder Yoke)

Reviewed by:nicegirl

About nicegirlstarstarstarstar
DC USA
Member since: 5/10/06
Posted on:12/12/08 2:49 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
OP Gal said... (12/18/08 6:32 AM) Reply
I love this top on you, too. Too bad you don't love also. The color is so flattering. Maybe it will grow on you.
Robin S said... (12/13/08 11:49 AM) Reply
Your blouse is beautiful. I agree with Crisford, the problem with bunching might be the type of belt. Something solfter and more forgiving might be better.
rosannec said... (12/13/08 11:07 AM) Reply
This blouse is so pretty on you! I think the styling does take a little getting used to when you are wearing but it creates such a lovely silhouette !
crisford said... (12/13/08 11:01 AM) Reply
I think your blouse looks beautiful. The belt you're wearing with it, though, hides the pretty gathers on the sides and causes the blouse to bunch up above the belt. But from what I see, it fits really well!
KarmenG said... (12/13/08 8:17 AM) Reply
I agree with the others - I like this on you. It's very pretty. If you try it again, maybe a fabric which is less crisp would appeal to you. Silk Dupioni can be a little crisp. But my vote for this one is still gorgeous!!
BillieJean said... (12/13/08 5:58 AM) Reply
I think this is beautiful on you. So sorry there's something about it that doesn't work for you.
Karen6790 said... (12/12/08 9:04 PM) Reply
I hope this one grows on you - the color looks fantastic and I love the buttons and the belt you're wearing with it. Give it a chance in the spring, maybe it'll age well.
Izzie said... (12/12/08 8:51 PM) Reply
I think this blouse looks great on you...maybe it will grow on you! I like that you used dupioni.
Christas said... (12/12/08 7:51 PM) Reply
I think it looks really cute on you. It is a shame you don't like it.
Natasha B said... (12/12/08 5:16 PM) Reply
Even though you are not happy with this blouse, I think the outfit looks fabulous! The colour suits you so much and wherever that skirt came from, it is divine! Despite your being unimpressed, I still want to make it, although I too need to size down which is pretty scary! Thanks for your review.
Katharine in BXL said... (12/12/08 5:11 PM) Reply
Bummer! It's such a pretty color and fabric too. How about putting it on a DTD and pinning out some darts?
sewcrazy53 said... (12/12/08 5:09 PM) Reply
I think the blouse looks good. Too bad you are not happy with it.
narcissaqtpie said... (12/12/08 4:25 PM) Reply
Too bad you don't like it. BTW I love how your hair color is setting off your color combo, you look gorgeous!

by: gabc