Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6803 (Misses Easy Dresses, Tunics an)

Reviewed by:hilaryr

Last Updated:12/14/08 2:32 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops
McQueena said... (2/19/09 11:47 AM) Reply
I think it looks it great!
Theresevp said... (2/11/09 5:41 PM) Reply
I think it looks very nice on you.
Mary Nanna said... (12/14/08 8:10 PM) Reply
It looks fantastic! I am sorry you are so disappointed! I have sewn 2 patterns from this season's New Look and although I haven't made your one it looks similar in the way it has been drafted. If you look on the pattern pieces you will see the finished measurements which give the amount of ease. In my patterns there was 10 inches through the waist! This is huge. Normally you would expect about 4 for a semi-fitted garment. This gives you a few options. I solved the situation as you did - with a belt as mandatory. I did put in darts through the bust, even though my neckline also had pleats but I did draft them in, so they didn't pull fabric away from the pleats. Really, this is a lovely dress on you (if the photo is true to likeness). I'm not just being Pattern Review kind. I hope you find something to enjoy in it.
maryfrana said... (12/14/08 8:03 PM) Reply
Thanks for the very thorough and thoughtful review. I love the fabric in the sash. It is very special so I hope you either make another dress for the sash or fix this one to suit you. It actually looks nice in the photo.
Sheila457 said... (12/14/08 5:21 AM) Reply
Nice dress and Thanks for the review. I have that pattern and like the way your dress came out.
hilaryr said... (12/14/08 2:39 AM) Reply
Okay, am now acquainted with Photobucket - this should enlarge now. I think I will try the View C front, even though all the unpicking of stitching and overlocking gives me pause...better than letting the dress languish in the too-hard basket!
KateS said... (12/13/08 9:29 PM) Reply
Hilaryr its a bit hard to see from the thumbnail but I think a drapier fabric would work. Are you able to put a link up to an enlargable photo?
pinemeadows said... (12/13/08 8:46 AM) Reply
I'm unable to enlarge your photo at all - no link - but I do think you're on to something about making the front for View C. That is a much more fitted design (comparatively speaking) and should look great on you. Let us know if you do that.

by: yummymummy...