Online Sewing Class: Restyling with Exposed Zippers

Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5106 (Bolero Jacket)

Reviewed by:CarolynGM

About CarolynGMstarstarstarstar
AR USA
Member since: 3/9/03
Posted on:9/28/03 4:02 PM
Last Updated:12/6/03 11:57 AM

See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
Lou05 said... (5/11/05 11:32 PM) Reply
Both of these are very attractive on you and you've done a wonderful job of letting us know about things to look for when constructing this pattern. This one is a keeper. Hope mine turns out as nice. Thanks.
Neefer said... (12/8/03 12:34 PM) Reply
Wow, Irina, that second jacket is terrific. I never really liked this pattern, but with a couple of alterations, your jacket is stunning. Great job.
Asa Hagstrom said... (12/6/03 12:28 PM) Reply
Wow, that burgundy fabric is gorgeous! Your versions look so much better than the photos on the pattern website!
Jennifer shaw said... (11/30/03 1:03 PM) Reply
Thanks for the tips, Irina. I have this in a "to be made"pile, after a few other projects to finish. Your jacket looks beautiful on you.
JDpenelope said... (11/19/03 7:31 PM) Reply
Thanks also for the fabric tip regarding silk noil. It does make up nicely!
mickey said... (11/19/03 11:10 AM) Reply
well written, sounds like a pattern I will try
layla said... (10/11/03 9:51 PM) Reply
Nice jacket ! The shoulder pads really shape it up beautifully. I must try this pattern. Thank You !
Marita Kinnula said... (9/29/03 1:06 AM) Reply
You jacket fits you very well, congrats Irina!!!
jlg said... (9/28/03 7:06 PM) Reply
Irina, your bolero jacket is very becoming on you. I like your fabric. This is one of my favorite patterns; I've made three.
katharin said... (9/28/03 6:21 PM) Reply
Very nice jacket! Thank you for your comments on fabrics. I have this pattern too, but was unsure what fabrics to use.
Tee Jay said... (9/28/03 6:00 PM) Reply
Great jacket. I will be trying this in the same sizes as x-xmall tapering to large seemed to work for me in the Kimono. Thanks for sharing.
LindaB said... (9/28/03 5:45 PM) Reply
Beautiful ! Thank you.
joan said... (9/28/03 5:30 PM) Reply
Don't you just love this pattern? It is so flattering. I have made two jkts. one a shortened version from a spongy rayon and the longer one from one of LH fabrics, the 'Missoni' Knit from her latest swatches. I do not have the technology to post a pix....sorry. BTW, am going to Carmel tomorrow to her Boutique, not sure that she will be in the shop. My ASG group had a pre-arranged field trip to her shop in July and she and was most helpful and gracious. I didn't get to go because of a health thingy, so four of us are going down tomorrow. An opportunity to try on her garments before buying the pattern.
Oopsy-Daisy! said... (9/28/03 4:25 PM) Reply
This looks wonderful on you!

Understanding Knit Fabrics