Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 06-2007-113 (Pencil Skirt)

Reviewed by:nicegirl

About nicegirlstarstarstarstar
DC USA
Member since: 5/10/06
Posted on:12/16/08 11:40 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 1 people

OP Gal said... (12/18/08 6:28 AM) Reply
This doesn't look like a bad project to me. You look wonderful in it. I can imagine how difficult it must be to fit it with the seaming detail.
Pinkytoo said... (12/16/08 6:06 PM) Reply
I made this skirt and like I said, I don't think it is possible without some sort of stretch fabric - which Burda neglects to mention. I can't remember if the instructions included a lining but I lined mine which makes the need for a waist facing moot. I have to admit though the waist on my skirt could be a little tighter but I just wear it slightly below my real waistline...don't give up, it does look good on you - try a different (cough STRETCH cough) fabric!
Natasha B said... (12/16/08 3:32 PM) Reply
In your photo, the shpae looks likes it suits you fine but it is frustrating when you can't work out the tuck in versus overhang thing. The velvet, nonetheless, is divine and I would wear it for the beauty of the fabric anyway!
amy in mpls said... (12/16/08 11:45 AM) Reply
I think it looks great, That fabric looks amazing!!!! it has such a beautiful sheen...love it.

Made By Rae Washi Dress