Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5089 (Misses' Cropped Jackets)

Reviewed by:Heatherrique

About Heatherriquestarstarstarstar
CA United States
Member since: 6/27/06
Posted on:12/20/08 1:03 PM

See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
Karen8320 said... (1/25/09 5:42 PM) Reply
Oops, you've sewed it again ... I've never really been a big fan of cropped jackets because I always seem to wonder where the rest of the jacket is but, Louella, you've done a great job with this and it looks good on you. The extra buttons you've included give the jacket a much more structured and stylish look than what is shown on the pattern envelope. Well done! You look good!
Mahler said... (12/22/08 9:48 PM) Reply
Janet Jackson, Duran Duran, Steve Perry, oh boy, do you ever make laugh with those musical remembrance ! This is a great jacket ! You look very 2008 in it and not 1980 something ! Great work !
carolynw said... (12/21/08 10:21 AM) Reply
Really nice and looks sew good on you
nancy2001 said... (12/21/08 8:56 AM) Reply
Cute jacket.
2BSewing said... (12/20/08 6:40 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket! That color looks wonderful on you. LOL...about your rendition of the headings in italics. Enjoyed your review immensely. :)
Karendee said... (12/20/08 4:44 PM) Reply
Great review and jacket.
Re Becca said... (12/20/08 4:40 PM) Reply
Hey, who can complain about a 5 hour jacket? It looks so FUN on you, and that asymetrical is so the style right now.
Annette1 said... (12/20/08 3:25 PM) Reply
I've always been drawn to this pattern, but I just KNOW it wouldn't look good on me. It's PERFECT for you. :o) I love that asymmetrical collar, and I'm so glad you avoided any malfunctions by adding that cute bottom button. :o)) Another SUPER FUN review. You look so pretty in your new jacket. :o)
crazygrad said... (12/20/08 1:10 PM) Reply
HAHAHAHA!!! But I must disagree... I think Simon wears his age well. Can't you hear Union of the Snake??? The jacket is cute. I just looked more closely at the packaging and yeah... that loose at the bottom dolman sleeve is a bit odd. I wonder if they didn't cut it looser to accomodate clothing under a jacket? I do like your jacket- great blue!

Skinny Bitch Curvy Chick SB322