Online Sewing Class: Understanding Sheer Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 12-2008-113 (Knit Pleated Top)

Reviewed by:2BSewing

About 2BSewingstarstarstar
VA USA
Member since: 3/7/05
Posted on:12/22/08 9:36 PM
Last Updated:12/22/08 9:44 PM

cindy-lou said... (1/3/09 10:32 AM) Reply
Hey, CONGRATULATIONS on your first BWOF! Beautiful, beautiful work. I like your idea of making this as a layering piece for winter. Now let's head upstairs and see what stash I can use for this one. Great review, thanks!
Amanda S. said... (12/24/08 10:06 AM) Reply
Very pretty. I liked this top in the magazine, but so far they've all turned out loose. I like your idea of making it more fitted. Thanks!
Heatherrique said... (12/23/08 2:20 PM) Reply
Gorgeous top! Very flattering on you!Congratulations on making your first Burda WOF! Are you hooked yet?
Annette1 said... (12/23/08 1:00 PM) Reply
Dear Little Miss I-Made-The-Smallest-Size: Even though your top turned out a little big, as you say, I think it looks GREAT! And like you said, you can always layer under it if you want to. This is a very cute pattern! That's a great idea, using different colored pencils for your tracing. I recently traced off a pants pattern from an Ottobre magazine that MeggieLuLu and Christa gave me, and I thought, WHY DID I WAIT SO LONG. Of course, I traced off the BIGGEST size and had to add in the hips, OKAY? At any rate, I feel like a whole new tracing world has opened up to me now! Watch out BWOF and Jali, here I come!
figtree said... (12/23/08 9:43 AM) Reply
Very nice, good to see another review of the fit on this one, congrats on your first BWOF, I started with one and haven't looked back!
JDpenelope said... (12/23/08 9:02 AM) Reply
Thanks for this review and it turned out cute, as usual. I have only made one BWOF pattern a long time ago and it was for charity. I actually like adding the seam allowances, too --5/8 " SA's waste too much fabric and 1/4" SA's are a trial for me to serge, so 3/8" is best for me. I agree that you could get a better fit, but this muslin will be very nice for casual wear. You do a nice job with your pleating, too.
Danvillegirl said... (12/23/08 6:57 AM) Reply
Great job!
LornaJay said... (12/23/08 6:15 AM) Reply
Looks good! BWOF is notorious for relatively low necklines. Here in Europe it seems we're used to showing a bit more chest than our trans-Atlantic cousins ;-)
squirrellypoo said... (12/23/08 5:26 AM) Reply
Great job on your first BWOF! I trace all my patterns, too. :)
Sigrid. said... (12/23/08 3:15 AM) Reply
Nice top. Congratulations on sewing your first BWOF. I'm sure you going to like their patterns.
sewtime said... (12/23/08 0:37 AM) Reply
Cute, cute!! Looks great on you!!
Vonnevo said... (12/23/08 0:19 AM) Reply
Welcome to the World of BWOF ! This was an ideal pattern to start with and you have a great result :) Congratulations ! !

Victoria Jones Collection Pattern 101