Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2876 (Girls' Pleated Coat/Jacket PR)

Reviewed by:Heatherrique

About Heatherriquestarstarstarstar
CA United States
Member since: 6/27/06
Posted on:12/23/08 6:54 AM
See other patterns in this category: Kids(boys & girls)

Boho Banjo art to wear

pdf sewing patterns

Ella said... (8/27/09 1:55 PM) Reply
Your review gave me several "heads up" tidbits (cuffs, pleats, collar, front facing illustration warning) that I appreciate. I bought this pattern to make as a gift for a 10-year old girl and thanks to your review and other PR readers' comments, I feel more confident about the pattern. Thanks for taking the time to write this review!
Karen8320 said... (1/25/09 6:23 AM) Reply
Fantastic work, Louella, and Heather looks absolutely adorable in this jacket.
ITAdmin said... (12/26/08 4:06 PM) Reply
Really now, this is too cute! Perfect fabric choice , too.
Birgitte said... (12/24/08 8:54 PM) Reply
Heather looks so beautiful- the colors really compliment her. And so does the groovy design print, you did an awesome job on this mom! Merry Christmas!
2BSewing said... (12/24/08 7:27 PM) Reply
That is one cute jacket! I love the bright fabric.
Jane S said... (12/24/08 10:21 AM) Reply
Heather looks so happy wearing this beautiful creation. Congrats on such a fun jacket.
Diane333 said... (12/24/08 9:41 AM) Reply
very cute
michellep74 said... (12/23/08 6:25 PM) Reply
Very cute jacket! Your daughter is adorable in it!
Ody said... (12/23/08 4:00 PM) Reply
I can't thank you enough for this great review! Infact, I could kiss you because I have the pattern and fabric ready to go for my dd and I think you just saved me a lot of work! I will say that I thought figuring out how much fabric to buy was very confusing because they gave you the yardage in pieces which you had to add up. I am not a novice at buying fabric, which my stash will show; however, it took the sales lady and myself to figure out how much I needed. Your dd looks adorable in that jacket and I don't think I would have thought of a wild bright choice of fabric, but I think I will do that for my dd for spring. Great review!!
kim*brown said... (12/23/08 3:29 PM) Reply
I love how this turned out and I love the groovy fabric. I bought this pattern for my 7 yr old now I can't wait to use it!
Annette1 said... (12/23/08 12:53 PM) Reply
You know, I just ALMOST made this little jacket for Jenna, MeggieLuLu's little sister, but then at the LAST MINUTE I ended up making something else. Now I kind of regret it -- ha! This is SO DANG CUTE, made ALL THE CUTER by little Heather (who looks just like her mom)! I LOVE your fabric, OF COURSE. :o)) Congratulations on your first lined jacket for Heather. It's PERFECT. I'm not a speedy sewer either, but I'm perfectly happy that way. (I'm at Mom and Daddy's in Texas right now, so I have to remember to log out of PR before I leave, so I can get Mom logged back in --ha!)
pterion said... (12/23/08 10:53 AM) Reply
Ooooh, groovy fabric! This is a very cute jacket and your daughter looks very pleased!
Tiner W said... (12/23/08 9:31 AM) Reply
Oh, adorable! I have this pattern cut out--I really must get it sewn up! Thanks for the inspiration!
Michelle L said... (12/23/08 8:33 AM) Reply
Adorable!! She looks fantastic in her jacket. Thanks for the great review!!
marjenann said... (12/23/08 7:24 AM) Reply
Wow!! What a wonderful, first lined jacket for your sweetie!! It is awesome. Now if you could just keep her that age forever!!! Great, great review too!