Pattern Reviews> Self Drafted Pattern> 957-1000 (Lined Six-Fold Necktie)

Reviewed by:MissCelie

About MissCeliestarstarstarstar
MD United States
Posted on:12/24/08 10:27 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
Ariadne said... (4/25/09 11:50 PM) Reply
dazzling
Markie1 said... (12/29/08 1:29 AM) Reply
Cidell! What a great tutorial...I really must make my jeans & t-shirt wearing writer husband a tie or two. Thanks to you, and your BEAUTIFUL examples, I will do just that...as soon as I finish the 3 Amy Butler Weekender bags I promised my nieces...you inspire me. I hope he loved them.
rebija said... (12/27/08 11:03 AM) Reply
Amazing!
loohoo44 said... (12/26/08 1:57 PM) Reply
Beautiful, beautiful job Cidell. It was worth the effort.
Karen6790 said... (12/25/08 9:49 PM) Reply
Wow, I may have to start making ties to go with the shirts I've done in the past. If my gentleman friend sees this, I know what's going to be on next year's wish list. Beautiful job - hope he loved them.
betsyross said... (12/25/08 4:38 PM) Reply
Ever since I discovered that David Coffin's tie pamphet was being released, I've been wanting to make ties. Your ties are great. I need a tall man's tie for my guy. Do you need a pattern, or is David's booklet enough? Love your ties.
Patti B said... (12/25/08 10:32 AM) Reply
Cidell, these are just stunning. He will love them -- and if he doesn't, ditch him! :grin: And I'll walk down memory lane with Cecile. I made many ties for DH back in the 70s -- wide, wild, wonderful things. He still has one or two that he just can't part with.
Jane S said... (12/25/08 9:22 AM) Reply
Wow, wow, wow, great present!! You did a fantastic job. Definitely send this pic to FabricMart as well. I too wish my husband wore a tie more frequently.
Cecile Owens said... (12/25/08 1:27 AM) Reply
Your review reminds me of the era when my husband had a men's store and I made ties copied from his finest best made that he wore and carried in the store. He picked the fabrics and they sold well. It was a long, long time ago but sometimes old friends remark that they still have the ties. Not all were silk, some were fine quality cotton. (Fortunately we had a ping pong table top that went on top of a billiard table so the height was just right for my back. Please excuse the nostalgia.
Christina Sonja said... (12/24/08 3:57 PM) Reply
I bet these ties will become his favorite Xmas gift ever.
Birgitte said... (12/24/08 3:30 PM) Reply
You did such an outstanding job on these ties, fantastic. I wish DH wore them... at least some of the time;)
Nancywin said... (12/24/08 2:58 PM) Reply
These turned out great. The pattern in your link is for a 7 fold, but you say you're doing a six fold. Are the six fold directions in the booklet? And do you need a different pattern to do the six fold?
ConnieBJ said... (12/24/08 12:57 PM) Reply
Your gentleman friend will be thrilled!! great job Renee. Merry Christmas
Juli_et said... (12/24/08 12:51 PM) Reply
Beautiful ties! Good job! I am sure the gentleman will be very happy!
Elona said... (12/24/08 12:37 PM) Reply
What a beautiful selection of ties! Your guy will be delighted.
Elke said... (12/24/08 12:26 PM) Reply
Beautiful ties! You did an excellent job.
HLT said... (12/24/08 11:13 AM) Reply
These ties are very nice. Great review with really good resources. I really need to give this a try!

You Sew Girl Panel Bag