Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3786 (Misses Tops)

Reviewed by:FreyaStark

Last Updated:4/9/09 5:38 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 17 people
See other patterns in this category: Vests    Tops
Homebird said... (6/28/09 11:28 AM) Reply
I love the first version - and much prefer the sleeves on your version. The gathered lower sleeves would look ridiculous on me!! I am not sure I can copy your alterations but hope it will look as good as yours does.
Mufffet said... (5/30/09 3:46 PM) Reply
Very very pretty. Love the style and the tucks. This is very like a pattern I had back in the mid seventies with lots of tucks in a front yoke, and the same length and sleeves and collar. Very "folkie!" Love you fabric.
Sherril Miller said... (4/10/09 1:02 AM) Reply
Cute! I want one.
Irene Q said... (4/9/09 11:54 AM) Reply
Lovely shirt!! I look forward to your reviews - we have very similar tastes. Looks like you solved most of your fit problems, although you might take in the princess seams a tiny bit above the bust. And I don't think you need quite as much extra room at the hips, either. But only PR people would notice any of that!
nicegirl said... (4/9/09 10:25 AM) Reply
What a pretty top! All those little tucks are such a nice detail and your Liberty lawn is fabulous.
BJ1400 said... (4/9/09 8:30 AM) Reply
That's so pretty!
JamieLiz said... (1/11/09 3:44 PM) Reply
This is a really beautiful color and lovely fabric for this pattern. What a nice blouse!
Judy Wentz said... (12/25/08 9:59 AM) Reply
lovely
Jane S said... (12/25/08 9:13 AM) Reply
Beautiful fabric and wonderful color on you, this looks cool and comfortable. As for fabric fullness, I too have that same adjustment. I think you need to lower the princess seam curve to better fit the curve of your bust. In my Fit for Real People book, this adjustment is explained on page 149.
Elke said... (12/25/08 8:32 AM) Reply
Looks terrific on you. Great choice of fabric, very flattering!
FreyaStark said... (12/25/08 5:36 AM) Reply
Thanks, KateS. Yes, it's very easy to wear!
KateS said... (12/25/08 4:33 AM) Reply
Hi FreyaStark- I think this top is very stylish yet at the same time casual and maybe (?) easy to throw over a pair of jeans and take off (on a camel.....?). Nice, very nice! Feel free to send to me if you don't want!!!
Izzie said... (12/25/08 3:10 AM) Reply
Great Review and nice top! I have this pattern and I appreciate your warnings about the neckline and princess seams.
Larkin said... (12/25/08 2:40 AM) Reply
What a beautiful fabric choice! I think we're our own worst critics sometimes - your tunic is very pretty. Looks very nice!
persevering said... (12/25/08 1:33 AM) Reply
I think this top is the nicest one I've seen of your creations. The colour is quite becoming and you also look better than in the earlier postings. As you said "a lightweight and/or drapey fabric would be best" - probably quite a thin sheer cotton voile & the fall of the fabric would be most flattering - but then you wouldn't have the coverage you seek. You've done an amazing job with your successful alterations and you look great!
FreyaStark said... (12/25/08 1:16 AM) Reply
Thanks, Terri A. The thread looks useful. I'll try to get to grips with it. Freya
Terri A said... (12/24/08 11:20 PM) Reply
Great job - maybe this recent thread would help? http://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-bin/sewingclasses/board.pl?t=36465

Paradiso Designs Carry-All Shoulder Bag Pattern