Pattern Reviews> No Pattern Used> No Pattern Used (Custom Chair SlipCover)

Reviewed by:HatBuddy

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 16 people

Other Projects by HatBuddy using this Pattern

photophoto
pittysmom101 said... (2/23/10 6:28 PM) Reply
WOW. Great Job, it certainly doesn't look like a beginner did it. I think you can upgrade yourself to a seasoned beginner now!
kareninwisconsin said... (1/23/09 10:22 PM) Reply
Great job with that chair slipcover! I like the color, too.
HatBuddy said... (1/19/09 1:06 PM) Reply
Rottendog2 Thanks!
rottendog2 said... (1/16/09 11:08 PM) Reply
Beautiful! An inspiration to follow.
HatBuddy said... (1/1/09 12:50 PM) Reply
Thank you ladies for your praise and positive feedback. I'm glad you like the slipcovers. It inspires me to keep learning and keep sewing.
HatBuddy said... (1/1/09 12:37 PM) Reply
Good Morning Jennifer, I dont exactly know how much time it took me. I didn't keep track. I do know that it took a long time. I work from home and the chair was beside the major traffic pattern so every time I walked by I thought about how to do this or that, worked on it or at least fussed with something or other. A more experienced seamstress would undoubtedly have spent much less time then me. Thanks for your positive feedback :)
Jennifer shaw said... (1/1/09 4:30 AM) Reply
You did a terrific job on your slipcovers!!! Thanks for the inspiration. I am curious- how long did it take to make the slipcovers?
Sherril Miller said... (12/31/08 9:09 PM) Reply
Wow, awesome job.
AnnieInNYC said... (12/31/08 3:43 PM) Reply
Thanks so much for the review. I'm about to embark on my first slipcover project, and it's encouraging to see the fabulous results you achieved. I've also been wondering whether or not I'm going to need to put in a zipper to get a snug fit, and I'm thinking that maybe I won't need one if I use elastic in certain spots. Very helpful review. Congrats on your success!
HatBuddy said... (12/30/08 1:41 PM) Reply
Hi sew42mom, Thanks for writing! Little or no tucking required. The long ends are tucked deep and the chair cushion fits very tight requiring a firm shove to get it down into the bottom of the chair. I am, however, thinking about shortening the elastic around the chair cushion and/or maybe redoing with a firmer elastic to insure no problems.
HatBuddy said... (12/30/08 1:32 PM) Reply
Good Morning Craftygamma, What a really great tip. Thanks
craftygamma said... (12/30/08 7:32 AM) Reply
After reading comments, a tip came to mind. Use small strips of foam (1/4" or 1/2") to push down into your tucked areas. It holds the fabric tight when the furniture is used and you don't have to constantly keep tucking the fabric back in.
craftygamma said... (12/30/08 7:29 AM) Reply
Very nice job. I have done slipcovering and know how difficult it is. Don't plan to do it again....lol.
sew42mom said... (12/30/08 0:31 AM) Reply
Wow! You are much more adventurous than me. Your chair looks great - do you have to tuck in very much after sitting in it?
AnneMarie60 said... (12/29/08 9:48 PM) Reply
You did a fantastic job with this slipcover. Your chair looks like it's in great shape, so updating it was a great idea. Good job on the ottoman, too.
BetsyV said... (12/29/08 9:47 PM) Reply
Nice work Hatbuddy! I have one of these projects too. It's nice to have someone else go first!
quathy said... (12/29/08 11:39 AM) Reply
I'm intimidated by the thought of making new slipcovers, which I desperately need. Your results are wonderful, and very encouraging. Thanks for all the tips!!
Steffie said... (12/29/08 8:42 AM) Reply
Very nice job on the slip cover. These can be sooooo much work. Yours turned out fantastic.
nancy2001 said... (12/27/08 9:49 PM) Reply
Great looking slipcover. Congratulations.
Ody said... (12/27/08 9:09 PM) Reply
That chair out of the 70s is probably better made than anything you can buy today. They used better materials and that makes it well worth recovering. You did an exceptional job and I have one I have to do as well. The chair looks great!

Made By Rae Geranium Dress