Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8548 (MISSES' COAT)

Reviewed by:HLT

About HLTstarstarstarstar
MI USA
Member since: 9/11/05
Posted on:12/30/08 9:41 PM
Last Updated:12/30/08 9:48 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 8 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
See other patterns in this category: Outerwear
born2bead said... (1/14/09 5:39 PM) Reply
Fantastic job my dear! I think a cream colored coat is so classy and yours is fantastic. I'm not sure I would've looked at that pattern twice but it really turned out very classy looking. Great job on the contest too!
cdi9c said... (1/11/09 2:45 PM) Reply
Your work is consistently fabulous!
said... (1/2/09 8:21 PM) Reply
Gorgeous work.
Click here if you wish to edit your comment
nglalala said... (1/2/09 12:14 PM) Reply
It looks awesome on you!
katie lynne said... (1/1/09 9:56 PM) Reply
This coat is absolutely gorgeous on you! You've done a fabulous job on it. Beautiful fabric and color choices. I feel it suits you to a "T" from A2Z. Thanks for such an informative review.
PhyllisC said... (1/1/09 3:47 PM) Reply
I think you FABULOUS and the color is glorious on you! I adore this color white and so few people can wear it.
AliciaNoel said... (1/1/09 1:59 PM) Reply
Love it!!
Diana M said... (1/1/09 0:00 AM) Reply
GORGEOUS coat -- looks wonderful on you, and your review is terrific. I agree that this is the best of the 3 views for the pattern.
Diane333 said... (12/31/08 9:36 PM) Reply
You look great in the coat
GorgeousFabrics said... (12/31/08 4:03 PM) Reply
See, I think it looks wonderful on you. I agree about the lining. I didn't bag mine because I was working with a very slippery silk charmeuse, but I think in most cases you can bag it with great results (like yours!)
Erica B. said... (12/31/08 3:58 PM) Reply
That coat looks great on you! I love your modifications and how you made it work for you! Don't toss it in the Salvation Army pile yet! LOL
gatorgirl4325 said... (12/31/08 2:54 PM) Reply
That is a beautiful coat - and you couldn't look more fabulous in it if you tried!!
Amanda S. said... (12/31/08 1:38 PM) Reply
Great job. Love the color for winter. I think it looks really nice on you.
Heatherrique said... (12/31/08 11:54 AM) Reply
HLT, wow! You are enticingly dazzling in this! Beautiful!
ambergirl134 said... (12/31/08 11:22 AM) Reply
Your coats are always so cute. Nice job. It looks great on you.
kasizzle said... (12/31/08 10:50 AM) Reply
Gorgeous coat! You did a beautiful job as always!
carolynw said... (12/31/08 10:07 AM) Reply
I love your coat and you look wonderful wearing it!!
nicolars said... (12/31/08 9:25 AM) Reply
This coat is gorgeous, you did a wonderful job.
angie.a said... (12/31/08 9:18 AM) Reply
I love this, it's beautiful!
Kay Y said... (12/31/08 9:00 AM) Reply
For heavens sake! Wear this! Your modifications to collar, sleeves and hem are perfect for your proportions. I'm with Annette and Belinda - entirely disagree that this is the "ugly duckling" view!!
donna mel said... (12/31/08 8:22 AM) Reply
you are the queen of coats! this one is a beauty. love it in white. nice job.
Sew4Fun said... (12/31/08 1:20 AM) Reply
Beautiful coat! You sew the most gorgeous coats and jackets! I'd hardly call this view the ugly duckling. I like it better than the other two version. Excellent job as usual.
Annette1 said... (12/31/08 0:04 AM) Reply
Well, okay, that's more like it. Why didn't you tell us you needed a new camera? We could have all pooled our money and gotten you one! (I always buy refurbished ones.) :o)
HLT said... (12/31/08 0:02 AM) Reply
Oh My! I have so much fun on this web site! Thanks readers for all of the comments thus far. Okie2thdoc, I think I can wear it at least twice...LOL. Annette1, ROF LOL! Sorry about the nose prints on your monitor. The camera that I have is only a few steps from the graveyard! But I will try to add more detail shots on the morrow. :)
CynthiaSue said... (12/31/08 0:02 AM) Reply
yes, why don't you like it?:) really beautiful. you better wear if everyday the rest of winter!
sewtime said... (12/30/08 11:55 PM) Reply
You look stunning in your beautiful white coat!! I am sure will will wear it a lot more then you thought!!
Elke said... (12/30/08 11:27 PM) Reply
Beautiful...you did an excellent job and look great in it!
solosmocker said... (12/30/08 11:25 PM) Reply
Looks great on you!
Annette1 said... (12/30/08 11:19 PM) Reply
Dear "Ugly Duckling," I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but ARE YOU NUTS? :O) This coat is an A-1, CLASS ACT, and so are you IN it! I LOVE it. That back belt detail just really makes it. My only complaint is: THREE MEASLY PICTURES???? I only have THREE MEASLY NOSEPRINTS on my computer screen! :o)
CypGrl said... (12/30/08 11:16 PM) Reply
It is as beautiful inside as out.
Tiner W said... (12/30/08 11:12 PM) Reply
Wow! This is stunning!
okie2thdoc said... (12/30/08 10:48 PM) Reply
Promise to wear it at least twice! It looks really cute on you. Honestly, I can't see anything looking bad on you. Wear it with pride!
Nancywin said... (12/30/08 10:40 PM) Reply
Very beautiful on you. I think the style looks very classy/couture and you will get lots of compliments. The style suits you, even though it may not be what you're used to. Very nice.
Elona said... (12/30/08 10:27 PM) Reply
It's a beautiful coat, and very becoming to you!
QuiltersFan said... (12/30/08 10:08 PM) Reply
Beautiful coat. Great job.
Re Becca said... (12/30/08 9:54 PM) Reply
I think that once you were it and see how much everyone loves it, you will grow to love it too. I predict that you will get tons of compliments on this, it is quite striking.
linda 75142 said... (12/30/08 9:53 PM) Reply
I think you look wonderful!
Christas said... (12/30/08 9:51 PM) Reply
You might not be in love with it, but I am! It is such a pretty coat and you did a superb job on it! I hope you will wear it proudly and often!

by: ButtonFait...