Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1024 Coat (Sandra Betzina Wide Collar Coa)

Reviewed by:Nancywin

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 20 people

Vesta Patterns

Sewing Patterns: Upcycling

SheBear0320 said... (6/16/09 6:34 PM) Reply
Great review -- I picked up this pattern the other day based on your review and the tips that you gave. I have never made a coat for myself and this was the one I liked for next winter's coat. Going to work on a muslin and then will go looking for fabric. Thanks again for a thorough review
katie lynne said... (1/5/09 3:17 PM) Reply
Oh my, this is so lovely. You've done beautiful work and selection of fabrics. Your review and comments are very helpful. Thanks so much...
Lori V said... (1/1/09 11:34 PM) Reply
Beautiful coat.
Schnauzer said... (1/1/09 7:58 PM) Reply
I love it! Very, very nice!
Annette1 said... (1/1/09 7:26 PM) Reply
You look so pretty in your new coat, Nancy. I think it's PERFECT. Look how nicely it falls in the picture where you're wearing it open: PERFECT. I'm so glad you included that picture, too, because I'm ALWAYS tempted by this pattern, but I don't care for the real full swing style coats on me, and I was unsure about this one. As I see it on you, now I think I've GOT to have it! The collar frames your face beautifully, and I love your mix of fabrics!
Liana said... (1/1/09 4:20 PM) Reply
Ooh! How chic are you? I love the collar. You look fabulous!
Rhoda K said... (1/1/09 4:08 PM) Reply
I always look forward to your reviews and your helpful tips. I agree with all comments above and love your coat!
said... (1/1/09 2:37 PM) Reply
This looks awesome on you! What a gorgeous coat!
Click here if you wish to edit your comment
Obrooks770 said... (12/31/08 12:01 PM) Reply
Your coat is beautiful, nice job. I have this pattern so now I'm inspired to sew it.
Karen6790 said... (12/31/08 9:27 AM) Reply
Beautiful job. I made a raglan-sleeve coat recently, too, and I love the look (and how much easier they are to do). SB's instructions for hemming and bagging the lining are great, I use them on everything now. Great result, wear this one with pride.
angie.a said... (12/31/08 9:17 AM) Reply
Beautiful coat, Nancy!
cindy-lou said... (12/31/08 0:03 AM) Reply
Beautiful, Nancy! As usual, your review is fantastically thorough and very helpful. I am in the middle of a different Vogue coat, but will read Sandra's bagging technique before I get to that point and see if it's helpful for me. Gorgeous coat!
sewtime said... (12/30/08 11:58 PM) Reply
All I can say is wow!! Everyone else has already said it!! WOW!
Athene said... (12/30/08 10:50 PM) Reply
A gorgeous coat and such a great addition to your endless combinations wardrobe.
Christas said... (12/30/08 9:25 PM) Reply
Wow!!! What a very classy coat! The inside looks beautiful too!
ButtonFaith said... (12/30/08 9:05 PM) Reply
wowwee...what a snappy coat! great job on your first coat!
Heatherrique said... (12/30/08 8:38 PM) Reply
Fun and fabulous!
Michelle L said... (12/30/08 7:31 PM) Reply
This is beautiful!! I love your coat!
CynthiaSue said... (12/30/08 6:11 PM) Reply
Wow. I'm wooping it up over this one! You look great! the leopard print is a total eye-catcher without being overstated. The whole coat is stunning. The lining is really classy too.
nellc said... (12/30/08 4:31 PM) Reply
Beautiful coat, I love the fur on the collar.
carolynw said... (12/30/08 3:24 PM) Reply
Beautiful coat - inspires me to get my pattern out and give it a go!!
Birgitte said... (12/30/08 2:37 PM) Reply
I love this coat- just perfect choice of fabrics and style. You'll look fantastic!
Izzie said... (12/30/08 2:09 PM) Reply
Beautiful! It looks so cozy!
marec said... (12/30/08 12:42 PM) Reply
Nancy, this is so great. I love the fabrics you chose. And, how clever to reverse the pattern photo. I think this will really suit you.
Karendee said... (12/30/08 12:31 PM) Reply
I am so impressed with your fantastiic looking coat.
blue mooney said... (12/30/08 12:24 PM) Reply
You inspire me to try a coat again! Love that dramatic collar with the fur. Thanks for the heads-up on the fine points of the pattern.
Em's Summer said... (12/30/08 12:08 PM) Reply
What a beautiful coat!!!
QuiltersFan said... (12/30/08 11:46 AM) Reply
I tried this on at one of SB workshops and it was a great coat - very flattering. Yours is terrific!
squirrellypoo said... (12/30/08 11:33 AM) Reply
It looks fabulous! I love that you've essentially made the reverse of the one in the pattern photo...
moushka said... (12/30/08 11:26 AM) Reply
Nancy, I totally agree with you about coats being far easier to make than jackets. Your version is beautiful, the details are great. Thanks for a terrific review. Sue

Understanding Interfacings