Online Sewing Class: Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2933 (Designer's Inspiration)

Reviewed by:Meggie LuLu

Last Updated:3/7/09 4:45 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 16 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops
ladylola said... (3/8/09 5:25 PM) Reply
Wow! Amazing tops! Simplicity should use your tops to put on the pattern enveloppe, they would sell tons!
Byrdie said... (3/8/09 4:33 PM) Reply
Super cute tops. I have this pattern and couldn't decide if I like it or not but I think I will be making it soon.
Catbird said... (3/8/09 12:52 PM) Reply
You have such a knack for matching fabric to pattern and also shuffling around the different views to come up with your own unique look. As usual, your versions look SO much better than the pattern envelope (what were they thinking?!) and you make them shine. I love that jacket, too!
JTink said... (3/8/09 12:18 PM) Reply
If I weren't a D cup and in need of FBA's and a bra, I would go out and get this pattern today...so cute.
Mden said... (3/8/09 11:57 AM) Reply
Amy loves your top especially the green. I agrree with Annette the buttons and loops are my favorite.
JudiBee2 said... (3/8/09 11:39 AM) Reply
How terrific is that. You can really save lots of money with those cute outfits.
fourkid said... (3/8/09 9:32 AM) Reply
They are both beautiful - but I love that green - it is so Florida :)
KateS said... (3/8/09 8:46 AM) Reply
Aaaw Meggie Lulu y'know every time I see a review by you I just know I am going to really like the end product ...sigh...so hard to admit but I think we have a teen sewing expert in our midst !!! Keep up the great work - P.S love the green !!!
Yvonski said... (3/8/09 3:26 AM) Reply
You are one very clever young lady. I can see you will be famous one day sewing for the stars. LOL
sewkiwi said... (3/7/09 11:28 PM) Reply
These tops look great. Beautiful sewing job.
Heatherrique said... (3/7/09 10:40 PM) Reply
Wow! You definitely look spectacular in green! You made another gorgeous interpretation of this pattern!
Heidi Ho said... (3/7/09 10:31 PM) Reply
Both of those tops are beautiful. I love the fabric on both of them too.
lizpalmer said... (3/7/09 7:15 PM) Reply
OOh that pink top is especially gorgeous - you look lovely in these, they are beautiful.
Vonnevo said... (3/7/09 6:19 PM) Reply
Wow, another gorgeous top and photo !
Annette1 said... (3/7/09 4:51 PM) Reply
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this top! That GREEN! That's my FAVORITE color of green, and you look GREAT in it! I really like this yoke on this blouse! And I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad you got the fabric in the REMNANT BIN for $2.00. GRRRRRRRRRRRR ... :O)
nglalala said... (1/2/09 12:36 PM) Reply
Great job! It looks awesome!
kathleencramer said... (1/1/09 9:26 PM) Reply
Nice job! I wasn't to sure about this pattern and did not purchase it, but after seeing your top, I think I may have to put it in my stash! Nice job!
Frosty772 said... (12/31/08 3:17 AM) Reply
I have never found anything that nice in the remnant bin for $3!! Trust me I look everytime lol. Your top is very pretty!! I wish I had known how to sew as well as you at 16!! Great job!!
sewtime said... (12/31/08 0:00 AM) Reply
Cute top and you look just darling in it!
okie2thdoc said... (12/30/08 10:54 PM) Reply
Very cute. You are definitely becoming quite the seamstress. Great top.
Sew4Fun said... (12/30/08 9:23 PM) Reply
Oh my goodness, I love your top! My daughter would love this too. I've never noticed this pattern before but I'm definitely buying it after reading your review. Love your fabric too!
Amanda S. said... (12/30/08 8:13 PM) Reply
Great top! $3.oo?!!! You definitely got a bargain. I love the design of this blouse, and your topstitching looks perfect. Wonderful job!
kerrynw said... (12/30/08 8:00 PM) Reply
Lovely top, great review and your topstitching is perfect!!
Jeanninem said... (12/30/08 7:38 PM) Reply
This pattern looks great on you!
Vonnevo said... (12/30/08 6:23 PM) Reply
Love it !!! Looking totally gorgeous Meggie LuLu :))
Annette1 said... (12/30/08 6:12 PM) Reply
$3.00??? How come I never find anything in the REMNANT BIN for $3.00, except some bedraggled rag, circa 1986? This top is BEAUTISIMO, and so are YOU in it! :o) I think my FAVORITE part is those little buttons and loops on the sleeves. :o) Beautiful fabric!

by: nanneke

Sew Chic Starter Skirt Pattern (ln1000)

Sew Chic Starter Skirt Pattern (ln1000)

SewBaby The Hat Shoppe Pattern