Online Sewing Class: Leather 101

Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> 1064 (Deco Vibe Tango Blouses)

Reviewed by:Heatherrique

About Heatherriquestarstarstarstar
CA United States
Member since: 6/27/06
Posted on:12/31/08 3:14 PM

Sweater knit fabrics

Karen8320 said... (1/25/09 6:21 AM) Reply
Louella, from the front this really looks fabulous on you! The color is superb and a great match for the garment that you have come up with, even though it differs from the pattern envelope. I'm sure that not too many people will notice the drag lines that you've identified. I think most people will be mesmerised by a stunning garment.
Em's Summer said... (1/2/09 10:20 AM) Reply
Your blouse turned out beautifully--in hot pink, it's striking! And I love the sleeves! They're soo in style right now--can't look anywhere without seeing them! You did a great job!
Heatherrique said... (1/1/09 8:06 PM) Reply
Thank you ladies for your very kind comments! Sherril, thanks for the suggestion. I cannot wait to try that sloping shoulder adjustment....I have other HP's in my stash to try. Anyway, I plan not to buy any more patterns from HP! I have better luck with Burda and from time to time any of the Big 4...
Annette1 said... (12/31/08 11:20 PM) Reply
You're BEAUTIFUL in this blouse, Louella! Maybe they should put you on the pattern as a "real live illustration" of just how pretty it can be (with considerable tweaking -- ha)! You should fill your closet with this color! I agree with others on unrelaistic pattern illustrations. In fact, I think it's safe to say that's one of my PET PEEVES. If they would even include a picture of the garment on a model and STILL keep their unrealistic illustrations, it would help. I LOVE YOUR BLOUSE! Oh, as for the drag lines: Having Cocker Spaniel shoulders, I end up with draglines on almost EVERYTHING, so I choose to put shoulder pads in almost EVERYTHING, just small ones, but it really helps. Of course, with Sherrill's suggestion, then you don't have to worry about it! Thanks for another GREAT review!
craftylady66 said... (12/31/08 8:43 PM) Reply
That color is gorgeous on you! Nice job!
angie.a said... (12/31/08 8:24 PM) Reply
The color looks so pretty on you! But that is exactly why I don't sew from HP...I love to look at their illustrations, but I use some other pattern to get the look (hey, if I"m going to have to reinvent the wheel, its nice to have dependable help. Like BWOF.)
Sherril Miller said... (12/31/08 8:00 PM) Reply
I really like this blouse, especially the color. In order to get rid of those draglines, try doing a sloping shoulder alteration. I'd remove 1/2 inch sloping to zero at the neckline. Pin it first and see if it makes the draglines disappear. Then you can remove the sleeve, made the alteration, add more gathers to the sleeve cap and sew the sleeve back on.
sewtime said... (12/31/08 6:15 PM) Reply
Love your blouse, and you look a great in it! Your review is very helpful! Fantastic color on you!
Re Becca said... (12/31/08 5:38 PM) Reply
I think that it looks good on you the way that you made it. Thank you for sharing, this is very helpful.
Kbenco said... (12/31/08 5:16 PM) Reply
The colour is gorgeous on you, and I like the cuffs, but I would be really annoyed at making a blouse that did not look like the illustration! Thanks for the heads up.
Christas said... (12/31/08 4:13 PM) Reply
The blouse does look very cute on you. Hot pink is definitely your color! Thanks for the heads up about the drafting issues.
Michelle L said... (12/31/08 3:24 PM) Reply
I like your blouse a lot, that is a FANTASTIC color on you, and those cuffs are everywhere this season! But I am with you...it's not that I don't like Hot Patterns, it's just that if it's the first time I'm making one of their patterns, it's kind of a crap shoot as to whether what I end up with will bear even the remotest resemblence to what is on the envelope!!! I'm currently taking bets as to whether the kimono dress I have cut out will look at all like the illustration...perhaps if I really suck in and slouch a lot it will....
michellep74 said... (12/31/08 3:22 PM) Reply
Differences from the envelope aside, you still have a very pretty blouse! That pink is a great color on you!

Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS