Pattern Reviews> Sewing Workshop> Kinenbi Top & Pants (Hudson top and pants)

Reviewed by:Jaggs

About Jaggsstar
Member since: 9/25/08
Posted on:1/1/09 11:19 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Pants

Miss Fairchild said... (5/7/09 7:57 AM) Reply
I've been looking at this pattern for a while. Thank you for your thorough post, especially with the tip regarding the pattern being oversized.
Annette1 said... (1/2/09 6:19 PM) Reply
Great top! I especially like that collar. It's just the right height and seems to have nice body to it so it stands up nicely.
Jaggs said... (1/1/09 12:47 PM) Reply

Jaggs said... (1/1/09 12:40 PM) Reply
I think you might have missed understood Fuzzygalore. I did not choose the pattern to compensate for my bust measurements. I choose the pattern because I like the style. I have several oversize tops and I do just fine with them. I have narrow hips and I am tall which helps the look. Going a size smaller I think will help me with this top.
Terri K said... (1/1/09 12:34 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review and the sizing tips Jaggs. I love this look that works in so many fabrics and especially knits.
fuzzygalore said... (1/1/09 12:33 PM) Reply
Mmm yes, going oversize to compensate for a big bust can lead to shockingly oversize results... Do you know Debbie Cook's excellent FBA pages she covers everything you might possibly need, with very clear pictures. Usually if you have a large bust you look better in somewhat more fitted clothes, and with these techniques you hardly feel any pain :-).
m/m said... (1/1/09 12:09 PM) Reply
Looks good! I made this in a soft knit once and it came out huge. After I made it I heard that Linda Lee of SW said to go down one size for drapy knits. I second the cozy part!
dbsewer said... (1/1/09 12:02 PM) Reply
Cute top. Thanks for the size tip. It's tough for us bodaceously-busted gals to figure out the correct size.

by: Grammi C