Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2952 (Blouses)

Reviewed by:Oopsy-Daisy!

About Oopsy-Daisy!starstarstar
TX USA
Member since: 11/16/02
Posted on:10/4/03 9:35 AM
Last Updated:11/6/03 11:38 AM

dove29 said... (6/13/09 2:40 AM) Reply
Thanks for writing about the sleeve length! I also have long limbs so it's very helpful. I will be doing the short sleeve version next, though. I need short sleeve shirts that fit!
Oopsy-Daisy! said... (11/6/03 6:13 PM) Reply
Thanks, guys!
Gina Marie said... (11/6/03 1:04 PM) Reply
Being of above averga eheight myself I am gratefull for your review !! I have this pattern and I htink its getting cut out tonight !!
Mollykat said... (11/6/03 12:04 PM) Reply
Great looking shirts
lwilsonnh said... (10/5/03 6:17 PM) Reply
Excellent review! Thank you so much for the detailed comments. I'll have to get this pattern.
Evatgirl73 said... (10/5/03 1:20 PM) Reply
Excellent review, very helpful!!! The shirts came out really nice, I especially like the blue "suede" one!
Oopsy-Daisy! said... (10/5/03 10:40 AM) Reply
Thanks for ya'll's nice comments. I had fun yesterday afternoon tearing out pages from the J.Jill, Chico's and Talbot's catalogs for inspirational ideas, incarnations and variations for the blouse! :-)
CarolynGM said... (10/4/03 1:33 PM) Reply
Thank you for an excellent review. I'm also tall and have similar fitting problems. I especially appreciate your fix for underarm "droopiness" which I frequently experience. I will try your technique of lowering the armhole on my next shirt.
Georgene said... (10/4/03 12:59 PM) Reply
Thanks for the tip on the Frankenstein walk: I find that annpying tightness sometimes, I'll have to try your test. Nice job of pattern adjustment, I like your bias cuff trim.
Sherril Miller said... (10/4/03 12:35 PM) Reply
What a wonderful wardrobe staple. Every woman needs a great shirt pattern. KWIK SEW can usually be counted on to sew up a winner. I love the brown suede---and from WW, no less. I have to go get this pattern. I can see shirt jackets in wovens (tencel?) for my "teacher" uniform made with this pattern.
Janet D said... (10/4/03 11:18 AM) Reply
Excellent review. I love the bias pocket & cuff trim - little details add so much character to a basic shirt. Beautiful job!
Mini said... (10/4/03 11:02 AM) Reply
This is a helpful review for taller women. Anyoone who is taller (or shorter) than what the fashion industry considers "average" will have a hard time buying blouses that fit. Cindy, these patterns are drafted for a 5'6" misses' figure. They do need to adjusted for taller or shorter women, but are well worth the small amount of time this takes. I am 5'4" and love the proportions of Kwik Sew. You might consider using your high bust measurement when tracing a size for your shoulders and upper body. Most women with narrow or average shoulders will get a les oversized fit this way.
Oopsy-Daisy! said... (10/4/03 10:34 AM) Reply
CindyK-Go for it! I think any adjustments would be easy to go up or down! I was surprised how much I had to add, so it probably leans more towards petite people.
CindyK said... (10/4/03 9:45 AM) Reply
Great complete review. Love the plaid shirt!! I have this pattern and haven't made it yet. I'm under 5 feet -- with some downsizing, do you think it will work for someone short too?
Julia Graham said... (10/4/03 9:44 AM) Reply
Great review, very thorough. KS patterns are just about perfect, I think. Glad you had such success!

by: Jstarr4250