Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 4946 (Hospital Gown)

Reviewed by:Rennie Ashby

About Rennie Ashbystarstarstar
NC USA
Member since: 4/8/02
UnVerified member
Posted on:3/29/02 7:34 PM
Last Updated:5/20/02 9:04 AM

See other patterns in this category: Uniforms
said... (5/22/02 11:37 AM) Reply
Thanks for the condolences. While we are missing Dad, I know he is in a better place with a new body that will not perish like the old one did.
said... (5/21/02 11:08 AM) Reply
Rennie, I am so sorry for your loss. May good memories of Dad bring you comfort.
said... (5/20/02 7:31 PM) Reply
Rennie, I'm terribly sorry about your Dad.
said... (5/20/02 5:37 PM) Reply
My condolences to you on the loss of your father. How wonderful you were able to do something for him that made him more comfortable and aided those who helped care for him. What a good daughter you are!
said... (5/20/02 1:16 PM) Reply
I'm sorry for your loss. It sounds like your Dad was much loved and I hope he had that thought on his mind when he left his family.
said... (3/31/02 5:02 AM) Reply
dear rennie,have all the books and patternsa for disabled,woule be glad to send them to you to copy and then you can return them.have made many items for disabled,especially burn cghildren. phone me if you like, 215-831-5056, helen mccollum
said... (3/30/02 11:11 PM) Reply
Wow, Rennie, I bet your Dad is just going to feel so much better from your lovely, thoughtful gift!
said... (3/29/02 9:50 PM) Reply
What a touching, loving project.! I found your improvisation interesting. I wish I could pull up your picture of this project, but I cannot for some reason or other. I have the Butterick pattern with the hospital gown in it; I made it up a number of years ago for a dear friend who died of lung cancer. I made up sets, the gown with matching drawstring pants for those times when she felt strong enough to get out of bed. I also used soft velcro and strategically placed the closures offsides in places she would be less likely to put pressure on them when she was lying down. Any idea how much these gowns sell for? I always thought making up a bunch of them could be a good volunteer project for Hospice. Thanks for sharing this project.

Sew Sweet Elizabeth Pleated Dress