Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 970 (loose-fitting pant)

Reviewed by:Annette1

About Annette1starstarstarstar
Member since: 3/5/04
Posted on:1/4/09 7:39 PM
Last Updated:1/4/09 8:25 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

See other patterns in this category: Pants
Karen8320 said... (1/27/09 1:15 AM) Reply
Annette, you must have so many pairs of pants in your wardrobe and I love how you keep trying out new patterns. Honestly, these look good. From the side, they look absolutely fantastic! That is most definitely one very smart side view. You've invested a great amount of time getting these finished. Wear them with pride.
Heatherrique said... (1/7/09 0:18 AM) Reply
Annette, I do hope you end up really liking your new pants because.... your pants are so much cooler than the one on the pattern envelope and even high end RTW! Believe me, I have seen and tried on pants that do not look as cool as yours! Thanks for another very informative review!
Danvillegirl said... (1/5/09 6:53 PM) Reply
Great looking pants!
Karendee said... (1/5/09 1:45 PM) Reply
I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but Annette, these pants look great. You are absolutely wrong. I guess I told you, didn't I? You are just used to a darker colored looser fit pant. You could also sew these in denim and have a darling pr. of jeans. They would also look great in a nice wool. Don't give up on these. As usual, I loved the detailed review. Your instructions mixed with excellent pics and humor are a delight to read and learn from.
Luckylibbet said... (1/5/09 12:29 PM) Reply
Great review! Sorry they're not to your taste after all that work (6 in the morning!)
Robin S said... (1/5/09 9:47 AM) Reply
The little patch/coin pocket is a "watch" pocket. Prior to wrist watches men carried a pocket watch in that pocket. It was chained to a belt loop or their belt so they wouldn't loose the watch. Of course, in those days women didn't wear pants! LOL! Your pants are great will have to try this pattern.
Kay Y said... (1/5/09 9:21 AM) Reply
I think these look good, and that you would like them SO much more if they were made out of a fabric you liked better! Re the pockets, if you are not using a lightweight fabric for the pocket bags (looks like all your pocket pieces were sewn from fashion fabric) you don't need the pocket facing pieces. If I were making these I'd cut G and H (the lining pieces) out of pocketing or something more lightweight than the fashion fabric, and I would ignore piece F, cutting only E out of the fashion fabric as it's the only one that will show. If you understitch the pocket edge on H after you sew it to the pants front and before you topstitch, the pocketing will never show. Hoping you make a next pair, and good luck with them!
Ronda Rae said... (1/5/09 8:27 AM) Reply
I like them. I tend to like pants that come to my waist. I couldn't even begin to suggest alternatives to fixing the problem though. I have this pattern on my to-do list after I lose a few pounds. Great motivator! They are really nice!
ITAdmin said... (1/5/09 7:51 AM) Reply
Great pants and review. Especially helpful to me at this point, as I'm trying to "figure out" pants. Very impressive for something made during an all-nighter.
Athene said... (1/5/09 1:08 AM) Reply
I always think of you as the jacket girl, but you make great pants too. So sorry that you are not completely happy with them. Your review makes me want to buy the pattern - I like the idea of all the pattern pieces (including the pockets) being graded according to size.
HLT said... (1/4/09 11:54 PM) Reply
Wow! 6:30am huh! I think that the side view proves that they are worth a try...again. Front patch pocket? I call it a coin pocket. Potato/Patata. Believe me I'm no expert in the pants arena! LOL :) Thanks for this very informative review.
Meggie LuLu said... (1/4/09 9:42 PM) Reply
These pants look AWESOME!!! I really like the pockets!! Your reviews are always so funny and informative!! I can't BELIEVE Mom called you a WEENIE!! I still think you should take her advice and make the adjustments she suggested!! I'm glad you're going to try them again!!
Mermie said... (1/4/09 8:41 PM) Reply
Annette, your review is excellent, as per usual. I think these pants look nice on you. Oh, and your review is quite funny too! I have read all 12 pocket steps and your tutorial is very helpful.
persevering said... (1/4/09 8:25 PM) Reply
Hi Annette, Thank you for your explanatory review and tip - I hope you use these pants - they look good to me - and I love real pockets that are functional, which yours are. Your work and describing it is inspirational!
Christas said... (1/4/09 7:52 PM) Reply
Annette, your pants are so well made. It is such a shame they didn't fit like you wanted them to. I STILL think you can cut that waistband off and do a couple of darts in the back. They look MUCH better than you think they do. Thank you for the very thorough and honest review! I think I feel more badly than you do that these pants didn't work out.

by: sunflower2...