Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 01-2009-106 (Flounce-sleeve dress)

Reviewed by:cindy-lou

About cindy-loustarstarstar
NC USA
Member since: 7/21/06
Posted on:1/5/09 1:26 PM
Last Updated:1/5/09 7:55 PM

MaryLynn in Long Beach said... (1/7/09 1:04 PM) Reply
Wow, that is a really cute dress Cindy and a GREAT REVIEW! But I swear, I had that dress in high school :D
Nancy K said... (1/7/09 12:02 PM) Reply
Nice dress!
Annette1 said... (1/6/09 10:50 PM) Reply
Super cute little dress! It looks great on you. :o)
Sharon M said... (1/6/09 10:33 PM) Reply
Groovy dress! Great review with lots of details. Since we're close to the same size I'm printing this out since you've done the fit work for me Thanks for noting the waist length. I admit to never ever checking that measurement but I'll be sure to do it this time
Meredith P said... (1/6/09 12:29 PM) Reply
You're so fast! I have the shirt version cut out, and partially completed. I automatically shorten waists by 1" in everything. Hope that's enough in this one. I think it turned out really great. When did you get a coverstitch? Congrats!
Luckylibbet said... (1/6/09 11:11 AM) Reply
Groovalicious baby!
Leslie in Austin said... (1/6/09 10:46 AM) Reply
The other knit tee in this issue has the same flat pattern measured BWL, so I'm doubting its a drafting error. Just wondering if I'm missing something....
Karen6790 said... (1/6/09 10:35 AM) Reply
Okay, since we made the same dress in the same size, maybe we can swap occasionally? I love your fabric - I'd have carried that home in a heartbeat. I didn't really notice the waist length issue, but I'm short waisted and lots of BWOF patterns seem longer to me. I did automatically decide to put a belt on this dress, so maybe that was just my instinctive way of dealing with it.
gatorgirl4325 said... (1/6/09 9:51 AM) Reply
I love your version of this dress - you look super cute in it too!
donna mel said... (1/6/09 8:12 AM) Reply
this cinches it...i'm making this dress!
patsijean said... (1/6/09 1:50 AM) Reply
I've seen a couple of reviews of this pattern, and I must say, it looks like it is a winner. Your dress is.
Ody said... (1/6/09 0:20 AM) Reply
Cindy Lou--you go girl! Super dress!
EleanorSews said... (1/5/09 9:12 PM) Reply
That is one very cute pattern and your print is perfect! It is a pick-me-up! Thanks for doing such a thorough review.
angie.a said... (1/5/09 8:57 PM) Reply
Super cute cindylou!!
Vintage Joan said... (1/5/09 8:57 PM) Reply
LOVE the fabric and the groovy sleeves! :)
CarolynGM said... (1/5/09 7:41 PM) Reply
That print really takes me back -- it looks just like something I made when I was a 20-something. Very cute pattern too.
nellc said... (1/5/09 6:02 PM) Reply
Really nice dress, I love your fabric.
michellep74 said... (1/5/09 5:58 PM) Reply
Very groovy and very cute! I love your placement with the large print!
cindyann said... (1/5/09 5:18 PM) Reply
How cool and oh so retro!
Heidi Ho said... (1/5/09 5:18 PM) Reply
Cute dress! Nice review. I just got my first issue of my BWOF subscription from my Mom who used the German Burda when I was a kid. I may have to try this dress out, it is supre cute!
inkstain said... (1/5/09 3:09 PM) Reply
I was wondering whether it was fast or pick-me-up enough, and now you've got me convinced enough to put it on my "once the Tree is down and the kids are back in school and the book is edited and the cards are answered" list. Very useful review and lively dress.
Birgitte said... (1/5/09 2:43 PM) Reply
This dress makes you one hot mama!! Watch out for screeching wheels- and stay away from construction sites ;)
cindy-lou said... (1/5/09 2:37 PM) Reply
Renee, it was *buried* on the sale table-- you know, the one with all the c%$p on it? Sometimes stuff on that sale table looks really raunchy till you carry it over to another area. I almost didn't buy this.
nglalala said... (1/5/09 2:30 PM) Reply
Your dress looks fabulous! Great job!
Deepika said... (1/5/09 2:29 PM) Reply
So I just got my January Burda and this is the one pattern which caught my eye. How cool that you've already made it. I love love love the dress. Fabric is so cool too!
Christina Sonja said... (1/5/09 2:25 PM) Reply
So cute - I love it!
MissCelie said... (1/5/09 2:20 PM) Reply
How did I not see this fabric at G Street?? This is SUPER adorable. Way better than the magazine edition!
MelissaB in WA said... (1/5/09 2:17 PM) Reply
How cute! I actually plan to make the top asap, I'm just doing some lovely home painting right now so I must get that stuff done before I sew.
21wale said... (1/5/09 1:54 PM) Reply
I love the fabric choice - much more interesting than the original!

by: Artemisia ...