Online Sewing Class: Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket

Pattern Reviews> No Pattern Used> The Snuglet (No Pattern Used)

Reviewed by:moonchild61

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

Deanna Vergari said... (4/1/09 9:23 AM) Reply
What size did you start with for the kids sized snuglet? I want to make them for my kids and I am not sure how small I should go. I was thinking starting with 2 yards of fabric and keeping everything else the same. Thanks Deanna
sideseams said... (1/7/09 5:40 PM) Reply
I also made one of these for a gift and the gal was thrilled with it. I plan on showing the girls in my sewing group how to make one.
Ody said... (1/7/09 5:26 PM) Reply
Now this is a great gift idea that I am glad you brought to my attention. Wow! The print on the fleece is really classy!
JTink said... (1/7/09 5:26 PM) Reply
I love this pattern. I made one for my Sister for Christmas. She loves it. Everyone else ooohhhhed and aahhhed over it as well. Next Christmas, I'm giving out a lot more snuglets. I did find the sleeves had to be forced to fit the opening. They didn't give seam allowances on the pattern. I did a 5/8. Next time I will make a larger seam allowance. A Note to Skey 1952: What dimensions did you use to make the child size? I have two great nephews who would love these.
Sharon1952 said... (1/7/09 2:19 PM) Reply
Aren't they great! I made some for Christmas gifts. I shrank the pattern down to kid size too. I bought a package of 2 pieces of fleece at JoAnns- the ones intended to be a big tied edge blanket. Using my 50% off coupon I made 2 kid sized snuglets (also referred to as slankets) for $8.00! Thanks for sharing this because I totally forgot to.
kathleencramer said... (1/7/09 9:38 AM) Reply
That looks very warm and comfortable! What a smart thing to make!

Beyond the BoatNeck