Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2931 (MISSES' DRESS)

Reviewed by:edupraz

About eduprazstar
PA USA
Member since: 9/13/06
Posted on:1/7/09 4:35 PM
Last Updated:1/7/09 4:49 PM

See other patterns in this category: Formalwear
a life in stitches said... (8/22/11 7:45 AM) Reply
Fabulous! Just change your biography skills rating to Advanced though!
barb90 said... (7/9/11 10:22 PM) Reply
Hey can you tell me how to put the lace on the dress and the pattern pattern package says you need 7 year, do I really need that much. I'm a small girl. thanks barbara.2009@ymail.com
taffee said... (6/12/09 8:20 PM) Reply
beautiful.
taffee said... (6/12/09 8:19 PM) Reply
beautiful.
momsewing said... (5/29/09 5:13 PM) Reply
Your dress is fabulous and is helping me a great deal get through mine. I am using the same pattern and changing it from the hips down. Would like to get some info on how you applied the lace.
Robin Denning said... (3/30/09 9:17 PM) Reply
awww, what a nice review, beautiful gown, etc etc etc!!! You really looked lovely on your wedding day and your work is exquisite. I enjoyed reading about it. I also used "The Bible" (Susan Khalje's book) to sew my wedding ensemble and I went through all the same joy of shopping for the lace & silks and mine was a labor of love, too. Congratulations!
AnneM said... (3/7/09 12:31 PM) Reply
Lovely. The dress came out great. I'm a big fan of hand-picked zippers in formal wear. Your fabric hunt was worth it. (Cute dog also.)
yummymummy38 said... (1/12/09 8:16 AM) Reply
wow, what a fantastic journey you have shared with us. You look radiant and I enjoyed hearing about the whole process. looks like you and DH had a relaxed time...
cdi9c said... (1/11/09 2:31 PM) Reply
Just stunning. This is so inspirational and I can only hope to be half as successful as I work on making my wedding dress! Thanks for the details review. I refer to this and your blog constantly for helpful tips!
candicer said... (1/9/09 11:38 PM) Reply
You did a beautiful job on your wedding dress! Working with lace can be a real challenge, but in the end, a real joy!
Sew it seams said... (1/9/09 3:33 PM) Reply
What a beautiful, beautiful dress. Your photos are all wonderful. Truly a labor of love. I made my youngest daughter's wedding dress over this last summer and I know how wonderful it feels to be able turn your vision into reality. You looked stunning on your wedding day.
Pixie Helen said... (1/9/09 2:09 PM) Reply
beautiful beautiful beautiful. congratulations!
Tipseysmum said... (1/9/09 11:17 AM) Reply
amazing review. amazing dress. wow.
katie lynne said... (1/8/09 5:36 PM) Reply
Such a beautiful dress. You did a stunning job--I'm proud of you. You accomplished a wonderful thing. (Don't think I've ever read such a great "review". It was more like a mini-novel, felt like I lived it all along with you.) And I liked your ceremonial "smooch" pic--you both looked sew nice. :o)
Diane333 said... (1/8/09 10:08 AM) Reply
beautiful! what an undertaking.
carolynw said... (1/8/09 9:57 AM) Reply
How wonderful that you could make such a lovely dress for your wedding - it looks absolutely perfect - wishing you many, many happy years
MsMaryO said... (1/8/09 9:02 AM) Reply
OMG. Your dress is so beautiful it made me cry. It reminded me of making my own 21 yrs. ago. (Yours is much more fabulous, though.) I think you need to bump yourself up to Advanced/Couture because if that dress isn't true couture, I don't know what is! You are VERY talented!
ChristineBR said... (1/8/09 8:35 AM) Reply
This review is a tremendous resource for anyone who is going to sew their own dress. Well done review and beautiful dress.
cindyann said... (1/8/09 8:10 AM) Reply
Beautiful!
HLT said... (1/8/09 8:02 AM) Reply
I'm a bit speechless and exhausted! Simply wonderful! And maybe you are an advanced sewer now! :) I think so!
KathleenS said... (1/8/09 6:56 AM) Reply
Wow.
LindsayT said... (1/7/09 10:52 PM) Reply
I've said it before but it bears repeating: You and the dress are AMAZING!
Re Becca said... (1/7/09 9:41 PM) Reply
You really did an amazing job. I am in awe. Just cuirious, how much would someone else have to pay you to do this for them?
Mahler said... (1/7/09 9:36 PM) Reply
You have done faboulus work with your dress. You looked magnificient. Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for the beautiful pictures
MaryDB said... (1/7/09 9:01 PM) Reply
I am in awe at your beautiful wedding dress. What a great job you did on this fabulous and gorgeous dress. No way can you call yourself an intermediate sewer!
Dynamo said... (1/7/09 7:04 PM) Reply
Kudos to you for tackling such a big, emotion-filled project. Your dress is so very pretty, and you were a beautiful bride.
Lunchbucket said... (1/7/09 6:42 PM) Reply
Your dress is gorgeous! You did an excellent job. And what a beautiful bride you were!
sewing addict said... (1/7/09 5:43 PM) Reply
That was an amazing review. I'm about to make my first lace wedding dress for my niece and I feel I learned a lot from your review. You did a great job. Your lace and fabrics are exquisite and you looked fantastic.
Lori V said... (1/7/09 5:43 PM) Reply
Your dress is gorgeous, amazing job.
katlew03 said... (1/7/09 5:16 PM) Reply
Terrific job. Your dress was beautiful, as was the bride. Great review.
AnneMarie60 said... (1/7/09 5:05 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress! You did an amazing job on the design, construction, and finishing of your gown. You were a beautiful bride! Thanks for the comprehensive review.
Christas said... (1/7/09 5:04 PM) Reply
I have followed your progress on your wedding dress through your blog. The dress turned out soooo beautiful! I know you must be so pleased with your huge accomplishment!
SueV said... (1/7/09 4:44 PM) Reply
WOW! Wonderful review, beautiful dress! You should be very proud of your dress! Wow!

Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS