Online Sewing Class: Altering Pants

Pattern Reviews> Other> Puzzle Ball/Grab Ball (Puzzle Ball/Baby Grab Ball)

Reviewed by:ALR1

About ALR1
IN USA
Member since: 7/22/07
Skill level:Beginner

Posted on:1/24/09 11:13 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
hyunjoo said... (3/24/10 9:58 AM) Reply
Love this! Beautiful job! Where is the pattern? It is labeled "free pattern" but when I click on it, it refreshes to the same page.
Physics Girl said... (1/26/09 3:38 PM) Reply
I still have my ball like this from when I was a baby (made by a grandma or great grandma -- over 30 yrs ago from her scraps!)... I still play with it (throw it at our cat or one of our boys)! Inspired by my old one, I made one for my nephew when he was a baby. The design classic... and I'm sure it will be treasured forever. I like the idea of adding jingles too.
mendospot said... (1/25/09 2:54 PM) Reply
Super cute!
EleanorSews said... (1/25/09 10:52 AM) Reply
Very cute to coordinate the ball with the linens! This looks a lot like an OP KwikSew pattern. I've been using this ball as a baby gift for years and at least 2/3s of the receivers have said it was one of baby's preferred toys for a very long time. If you decide to make it again as a gift, you can close the stuffed pieces with your machine if they are to the inside of the ball and I drop my feed and use a wide zigzag to sew the pieces together. It goes a lot faster that way. PS Achopstick is your friend in the stuffing process.
JustTrina said... (1/25/09 7:26 AM) Reply
Really cute, it looks complicated! great idea to add bells or something, you could put them inside the stuffing? great fabric choice as well, very eye catching for the smaller ones and great to play name that color with the older ones!
PixieCat said... (1/25/09 6:21 AM) Reply
That is adorable. My hair stylist just had a baby and I've been looking for something small to make for her. This is it! Thanks!
PixieCat said... (1/25/09 6:21 AM) Reply