Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 4769 (Shirt Dress)

Reviewed by:minniekins

About minniekinsstar
Member since: 12/18/08
Posted on:1/10/09 0:02 AM
Last Updated:1/10/09 0:44 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
sewtime said... (1/10/09 11:30 AM) Reply
So cute, great fit and darling material! You look fantastic! Also love your shoes! Welcome, can't wait to see more of your creations.
Miss Fairchild said... (1/10/09 8:23 AM) Reply
Great first job on such a cute dress! And I love the fabric. When I looked at the pattern, I realized I had made one similar quite a number of years ago in a navy blue crepe back satin with little white stars. And I LOVE your shoes! I saw on your blog your question as to how much you should shorten your dress. Well, that's sometimes a matter of personal preference. But there is a spot on women's legs where dresses look downright awful. For me, it's at my calf because I'm bowlegged and if you looked at me headon with the hem at my calf, you would get the idea that my legs are curved all the way up (which gives a very funny picture, by the way). So something about an inch above or below my calf works for me. If I'm making a dress, I measure this distance from the shoulder. If I'm making a skirt, it's from my waist, no matter where the skirt sits. And don't worry about the adjustments. We've all been there! Some of us had pencil thin bodies (which we no longer have!) and now have to make those adjustments and more. The adjustments you made weren't for wusses and were more of an advanced way of thinking. Your courage to "Just Do It" paid off!
FreyaStark said... (1/10/09 4:40 AM) Reply
A nice job. This is a timely review for me - I've got this pattern but had forgotten about it. It's just right for some dress lengths in my stash that I'm determined to make up very soon.
kimmielovesparis said... (1/10/09 0:22 AM) Reply
I love your fabric choice and your shoes are fab! Cute dress...great job.

No Pattern Used Flowers