Online Sewing Class: Clone Your Favorite Garment

Pattern Reviews> Butterick> B4266 (See & Sew Poncho)

Reviewed by:CathyWeeks

About CathyWeeksstar
MN USA
Member since: 9/5/08
Posted on:1/10/09 4:58 PM
Last Updated:1/10/09 5:09 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
nancy2001 said... (1/13/09 8:20 PM) Reply
Amazing details. It looks wonderfully warm and cozy.
CathyWeeks said... (1/11/09 12:45 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone. The color is definitely not periwinkle - it's more of a soft lavender, with slightly gray overtones to it. The pattern is fine - I'm just not sure it's the right one for me. But I'll get plenty of use out of it, for sure! My basement, where my office, and our TV is, stays pretty cold all winter, and I get chilled. So it's meant to be a wearable blanket that I can wear when sitting at my computer.
renren said... (1/11/09 11:36 AM) Reply
The pintucks are fabulous and thanks for mentioning the edge joining foot which I will have to check out. I LOVE the color--at least on my computer, it looks like periwinkle. I would be proud to wear this poncho--it's both practical and beautiful with nicely done pintucking embellishments. You definitely improved upon the pattern--wear it happily--and warmly--in that snowy clime. (Thanks for the picture of the snow, too!)
wildberrymom said... (1/11/09 11:20 AM) Reply
I love your detailing.
Kathy in NM said... (1/11/09 8:11 AM) Reply
I really like the pin-tucking details, especially the zig-zag! Looks like it is nice a cozy warm. Looks like it would be great to throw on when you need to run out for the mail, get wood for the fire, or run errands. Hope you can get some use from it.
Diana M said... (1/11/09 0:29 AM) Reply
Your detail stitching is spectacular! I'm sorry you don't care for the way it looks on you -- I'm wondering if you used a fabric with a softer drape you would be pleased. It's a fine poncho pattern and you do beautiful work
lovenicky said... (1/10/09 11:58 PM) Reply
Great details you have added to the poncho. Much better than the pattern photo!
sewtime said... (1/10/09 11:14 PM) Reply
Beautiful poncho!! Love all of the detailing you did. It is even cuter then the pattern, love it!
Tishie said... (1/10/09 5:11 PM) Reply
Very nice, love the details on the front. Looks warm and comfy.

Stitch 'n' Flip Jacket Construction - A downloadable Book by Shannon Gifford